Vacancy posted: Monday, 18 Jun 2012
Fugro Structural Monitoring is the specialist instrumentation division of Fugro GEOS Ltd, part of the multi-national Fugro Group of companies. Fugro Structural Monitoring is a world leader in structural monitoring services for the offshore industry. From our Glasgow base we provide high-quality, high-value measurement services and systems to oil and gas clients worldwide.
As a result of continuously increasing demand for our custom products and services, we are seeking additional engineers of varying experience to contribute to all aspects of our work.
The work includes:
- Design, build and test of structural instrumentation systems. These include systems for monitoring of offshore platforms and deepwater wellheads, risers, and drilling vessels.
- Liaison with clients and suppliers.
- Configuration of equipment to client requirements.
- Preparation of documentation including drawings, installation and test procedures, calculations and reports.
- Analysis, interpretation, and reporting of data acquired by monitoring systems.
- Offshore trips for system installation, commissioning, and client support.
- Project Management in accordance with our documented management processes.
The work is technically rewarding, interesting and full of variety. Many projects offer the opportunity to travel overseas. Those who enjoy the practical application of sound academic principles are especially likely to have an aptitude for the work.
Working in the highly complex and challenging offshore Oil & Gas Industry, safety is the primary consideration in all the activities of the Fugro Group.
The industry leading FUGRO ACADEMY is an online and classroom based tool which encourages career-long professional development.
Fugro has a well-established HSEQ Integrated Management System (Certified to ISO9001 ISO18001 & ISO14001), where quality, client satisfaction, and the environment consideration are the key drivers.
An engineering related degree e.g. mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, applied physics or similar. Class 2:1 or above is desirable. Personal attributes include:
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work within time/budget constraints
- Ability to work as part of a team across projects
Job Status: Permanent