Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 18 Jul 2012
KPMG Restructuring is one of the leading practices in the country with over 500 professional staff in 22 offices around the UK. As one of the UK's leading advisory firms, we offer a lively and stimulating environment.
As a case administrator you will be responsible for a portfolio of cases dealing with all aspects of the insolvency process including asset realisation, attending to statutory matters, liaising with third party agents and employees, and corresponding with creditors and debtors. This is a client facing role.
You will be part of the Corporate team and will report to the managers responsible for each particular case. Restructuring is a very lively, busy department often working under pressure and to deadlines.
- Pro-actively progress your portfolio of cases ensuring that all statutory matters are dealt with timeously and that all assets are realised effectively;
- Action and respond to all correspondence generated from your portfolio of cases ensuring that queries are dealt with effectively.
- Produce correspondence, minutes, file notes and faxes, schedules and analysis.
- Co-ordinate and manage third party agents undertaking work on our behalf.
- Attend to any other administrative task required by the role.
- Interested in a career in insolvency with a willingness to learn quickly and operate as part of a team.
- You have an interest in commercial and financial matters are able to demonstrate practical commonsense.
- You will have good time management and organisational skills together with the ability to prioritise tasks to ensure that deadlines are met.
- You are conscientious and are able to produce high quality, detailed and accurate work.
- You will be an outgoing person with good people and communication skills, being able to confidently and articulately deal with all parties in what can sometimes be difficult situations.
- You will have the ability to assess the various alternatives for dealing with specific case issues and present suggestions to the case manager to maximise the outcome for the creditors.
- Will be willing to travel outwith the Glasgow office as required and occasionally at short notice.
Technical Skills as follows:
- Outlook (Basic level)
- A good knowledge of Excel
- A high standard of letter writing
- Prior experience of insolvency is not required
- 4 Highers/equivalent including Maths and English ( B grades or better)
- A university degree
- 2 references available on request