Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 25 Jul 2012
Synopsis: My Client is seeking a Qualified Mechanical Design Engineer to provide equipment design input and assist customers with technical advice and support. Excellent Negotiable Salary + Executive Benefits etc. Glasgow. Excellent career Development Opportunity
Job Title: Design Engineer - Manufacturing
Package: £K Negotiable Salary Depending upon Experience + Exec benefits
Area / Location: Glasgow
Brief job description: My Client, a leading Scottish and Global business, supplies fans, rotary heat exchangers, compressors and gas cleaning equipment throughout the world to key industries including power generation, petrochemicals, steelmaking, mining and cement production. They now seek a qualified Mechanical Design Engineer reporting to the Engineering Manager and with ambition to progress within the organisation.
Main Purpose of Job
Undertake the design of OEM equipment using company design rules, seeking assistance from senior engineering staff to ensure the mechanical integrity of final product.
Assist all other Client departments in all engineering aspects of contract or proposal execution.
Give technical advice and assistance to customers on Clients products with senior engineering staff approval.
1. Compile and issue design data sheets for OEM products following Client design rules with approval from senior engineering staff.
2. Verify product selection and proposal with assistance from senior engineering staff.
3. Write technical specifications to define purchased items and manufactured components.
4. Provide support to drawing office for all project work and approve all drawings.
5. Produce 3-D models of OEM products using Inventor software.
6. Produce product drawings of main arrangement and components using Autocad or Inventor with the approval of a senior engineering staff.
7. Produce technical instruction manuals to erect, commission, operate and maintain products.
8. Provide support to all other departments as required.
9. Attend testing of OEM or other products (including purchased items) and provide a written report within agreed time frameworks, under supervision of senior engineering staff.
10. Attend customer design liaison meetings for current contracts or proposals in conjunction with other representatives.
11. Offer corrective actions for non-conformance reports with approval of senior engineering staff when required.
12. Have awareness of departmental KPI’s.
13. Visit site to assist senior engineering staff in equipment assessment or troubleshooting purposes.
14. Attend contract design review meeting to ensure design is in accordance to Client rules and conforms to customer specifications.
15. Work along with C&I Engineer on contract specifications and drawings.
· Working using own initiative with support from senior engineering staff.
· Production of designs, manuals & specifications, approval of drawings and suppliers equipment.
· Ensure quality and design integrity of product with assistance of senior engineering staff.
· Accurately record project times on AX business system.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· BEng in engineering (or equivalent)
· Problem solving ability
· Experience in engineering design.
· Computer literacy, competency in MS Office applications
· Skills in AutoCad and Inventor 3D modelling.
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Basic C&I knowledge.
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· FEA skills and knowledge.
· Excellent Autocad and Inventor 3D modelling skills.
· Previous manufacturing or site experience.
· Sales / Project engineers – to provide technical support
· Drawing office – to provide design and approval
· Project Management - to provide technical support and on time delivery of documents.
· Production/Quality – Reply to NCR’s, with assistance of senior engineering staff when required.
· Purchasing – Issue Specifications.
· Field Services – Provide technical support, with assistance of senior engineering staff when required.
· Customers – to provide technical support and verify contract specifications with assistance of senior engineering staff where required..
· Suppliers – to provide specifications, approve technical offers and seek solutions.
Job Reference: SC929
About THE SALES RECRUITMENT NETWORK
The Sales Recruitment Network has been established in Scotland for 13 years and provides outstanding levels of service to both clients and candidates.
We place people at every level and act for some of the UK's leading businesses.
Please contact Paul Crilley - Director Scotland on 01360 - 620061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information