Vacancy posted: Friday, 10 Aug 2012
Almond Housing Association is a successful registered social landlord and registered charity with a reputation for high quality customer service and innovation. Owning and managing over 2,400 homes in West Lothian, Almond Housing Association is committed to providing good quality, affordable rented homes and actively supports the communities it serves. Almond works with partners in the West Lothian Development Alliance in providing new housing for rent and shared ownership
The Head of Finance is a member of the Senior Management Team and provides a vital range of professional services for the staff of the Association and the Board.
As a result of retirement we are able to offer a great career opportunity for an experienced senior manager. Previous career experience of social housing is essential. The Head of Finance is accountable to the Chief Executive for the following key responsibilities;
1. As a member of the Senior Team to contribute to the Association’s overall strategy leading to the achievement of its organisational aim and objectives.
2. Together with the other members of the Senior Team, to be responsible for ensuring that performance standards are adhered to and met, combined with the achievement of performance targets.
3. To take overall responsibility for the daily operation of the finance service.
4. To ensure that the Association continues to be financially viable, meeting current commitments and creating sufficient reserves to fund future maintenance and stock improvement programmes.
5. To maintain the financial accounting and records, taking responsibility for the production and reporting of financial information.
You will be a fully qualified accountant and member of a recognised professional body with relevant senior experience of working with a Registered Social Landlord. You will have well-developed verbal and written communication skills, and be able to create positive working relationships with partners, contractors and colleagues. You will have a track record of seeking opportunities for working in a proactive manner to improve business effectiveness. You will also be;
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Organised, methodical and able to coordinate a range of activities.
- Able to make informed decisions and prioritise conflicting demands.
- Able to produce and present clear reports
- Able to present verbal information clearly
- Able to build effective working relationships with colleagues, business partners and external stakeholders
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products.
Scottish Charity Number SC031696
£44,185 - 59,144, Final Salary Pension, £5650pa Car Lease Allowance, Health Care Benefits
Further information including the recruitment process can be obtained from our website by pressing the 'apply' button.
Closing Date: 24-Aug-2012