Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 31 Jan 2012
Albion Environmental Ltd Technical Manager Ayrshire South úcommensurate with experience
Albion Environmental Ltd is a specialist waste and environmental consultancy based in Ayr, Ayrshire. We focus on providing practical and cost effective consultancy in the waste and resource sector to local authorities and companies across the UK. We provide technical support to clients in new waste treatments including MRF’s, Composting and AD Plants, Recycling Centres, Transfer Stations, Landfill, Leachate Treatment Plants and Landfill Gas Collection Systems.
In addition to our consultancy business we carry out environmental monitoring and waste analysis for clients. We are also approved and accredited to deliver a range of waste management and health and safety related training courses.
Our core aim is to provide a practical and quality system to our clients which ensures our clients achieve best value. We currently operate a system which is accredited to BS EN ISO 9001: 2008, Quality Management Systems, BS EN ISO 14001:2004, Environmental Management Systems and OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health and Systems Management standards. We believe we are one of the first consultants in the UK to achieve all three standards and are proud of this achievement.
Due to continued expansion we are now looking for a technical manager who can continue to develop our consultancy work.
The ideal client will have experience with the following -
1. experience advising clients wishing to set up facilities which may include feasibility work, planning permission, waste management licence (or permit) applications and experience with site documentation and procedures
2. experience in advising clients how to continually meet the regulatory conditions of that facility which will include future engineering works and ongoing operational programmes
3. manage and provide support to technical staff carrying out waste analysis and environmental work
4. experience with preparation and submission of tenders to provide support for both Albion tenders and for our clients
Minimum qualifications and experience for this role include –
- 5 years plus experience in the waste and resource management sector
- Chartered membership of an appropriate organisation for example CIWM, CIWEM etc
Preferred qualifications include –
- WAMITAB Certificates of Technical Competence for waste management facilities
- Operational management experience of waste management facilities
- Health and Safety Qualifications
Further information on the type of work Albion Environmental Ltd completes is available on www.albion-environmental.co.uk.
Applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Agencies please note*** DO NOT CALL DIRECT all applicants must EMAIL CV & COVER LETTER to address above***
Applications to include- CV (max two pages)
- Covering letter demonstrating your experience with points 1 to 3 above (max two pages)
Closing Date: 05-Mar-2012