Vacancy posted: Monday, 23 Apr 2012
BWSR (Brightwork Specialist Recruitment) are seeking applicants for the role of Senior Mechanical Engineer. The client is an engineering solutions provider based in Aberdeen and caters for the Upstream Oil & gas sector. They have a global client base and due to continued growth, we're seeking like minded professionals to join their business.
The scope of the role includes:
To contribute to the successful design, development and commercialisation of all the companies bespoke Subsea Drilling and Decommissioning Equipment. As the Senior Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for overseeing the engineering activities associated with various product developments as required, and mentoring of junior staff.
- Designing mechanical components and systems.
- Conducting stress analysis and calculations.
- Generating CAD models, drawings and design documentation (layouts, assemblies, detail, BoM)
- Generating procedures (assembly, test, operational) and test reports
- Checking engineering documents
- Performing test build of new equipment and prototype testing
- Advising on the ordering of equipment for new tools and development work
- Participating in design reviews
- Maintaining design files and documentation
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Extensive product design and development experience.
- Degree in Mechanical engineering or similar discipline.
- 3D CAD software (Ideally Autodesk Inventor).
- Stress analysis and calculation.
- Use and understanding of National and International Oilfield Standards.
- Project Engineering.
Interested parties should contact Julian by sending their full CV via e-mail to email@example.com or call on 0131 275 8015 for further information.
Brightwork Specialist Recruitment offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
Job Reference: JSHSME2988
About Brightwork Specialist Recruitment
Brightwork Specialist Recruitment (BWSR) was founded in June 2008 to support the existing and growing Brightwork Ltd business to provide a more comprehensive service to clients and candidates across a wide range of industries.
Our expertise lies primarily within the core areas of Supply Chain and Procurement, Logistics, Engineering, Technical, Scientific and Operations Management and all levels of Human Resource Management.
As a 100% employee owned business, we are committed to ensuring optimum service levels to our clients and candidates.