Vacancy posted: Monday, 23 Apr 2012
The scope of the role includes:
The Subsea Engineer will be responsible for the subsea equipment aspect of the company projects. Providing practical offshore operations input to the process of design engineering and the methodology to implement those aspects in the test and qualification programme of subsea equipment in the workshop and other test locations.
Working within a small multi-disciplinary team that includes mechanical, software and electronics engineers the Subsea Operations Engineer will be the company subsea operational focal point for subsea assets and will participate in the development of the equipment. Whilst providing a lead role in their core disciplines in the offshore deployment of company equipment they will continue to grow their knowledge.
- Liaison with managers on multi-disciplinary projects and provide an operational equipment focus.
- Generate documentation including manuals, procedures (assembly, test etc), JSA and risk assessments.
- Provide coordination and management of minor modifications to subsea assets.
- Provide advice on the data acquisition requirements of testing programmes.
- Oversee / Carry out the assembly and test of new build equipment.
- Advise on ordering of equipment for new tools and development work.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Capable of working at all levels from workshop to high level client facing meetings.
- Support internal and external customers on technical queries (May have to do some travelling in the UK and overseas).
- Provide subsea operations experience into the identification and screening of new business products and services.
- Provide support and mentoring to junior engineers.
- Maintain high standard of personal safety in the workplace, advise safety & senior staff of hazards, potential hazards & incidents, reporting as required.
- Show exemplary HSE leadership for both workshop and offshore work.
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Extensive experience in the operations of subsea equipment and the associated control systems.
- Detailed knowledge of Subsea Trees and Subsea Wellhead running tools and associated systems.
- Detailed knowledge of hydraulic fluids, components and systems used in BOP and tree control systems.
- Detailed knowledge of the electro-hydraulic interfaces and control systems.
- General working knowledge of subsea umbilical's.
- Knowledge of all relevant international standards (eg ISO, API, NORSOK) pertaining to subsea drilling and subsea intervention operations.
- Working knowledge of ROV operations an advantage.
Interested parties should contact Julian by sending their full CV via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0131 275 8015 for further information.
Brightwork Specialist Recruitment offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
Job Reference: JSHSSE2989
About Brightwork Specialist Recruitment
Brightwork Specialist Recruitment (BWSR) was founded in June 2008 to support the existing and growing Brightwork Ltd business to provide a more comprehensive service to clients and candidates across a wide range of industries.
Our expertise lies primarily within the core areas of Supply Chain and Procurement, Logistics, Engineering, Technical, Scientific and Operations Management and all levels of Human Resource Management.
As a 100% employee owned business, we are committed to ensuring optimum service levels to our clients and candidates.