Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 6 Jun 2012
0.71 fte - 25 hours per week Shift pattern to be arranged at interview Salary pro-rata Please note this post is on a temporary basis, with an end date of 22nd September 2012.
The appointment of Classroom Assistants is an essential ingredient of the Council’s drive to raise pupil attainment.
Working 25 hours each week during school term time, you will assist teachers with non-teaching duties including administration, supervision of pupils, preparation of teaching materials and under the direction of the class teacher provide support for learning.Literate, numerate and with good interpersonal skills, you will be able to demonstrate a particular ability to relate to children that has been developed through dealing with them in a controlled environment (paid or voluntary). Excellent communication skills are essential and knowledge of computer packages would be advantageous.
For more information about the post please contact Colin Ball, School Support Co-ordinator, 0141 578 8930
CHARTER OF COMMITMENT
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Link to East Dunbartonshire Council website
Job Reference: EAD002323
Closing Date: 20-Jun-2012
About East Dunbartonshire Council
East Dunbartonshire lies to the north of Glasgow bounded by the Campsie Fells and the Kilpatrick Hills. It is a strategically significant location for economic, social and environmental development between the city and the gateway to the Highlands through the West Highland Way and eastwards through the Kelvin Valley. With a population of 104,570, East Dunbartonshire is in the mid-range of Scottish local authorities in terms of population and covers an area of 77 square miles. It comprises an attractive mixture of urban and rural areas that included the following suburban and rural settlements of Bearsden, Bishopbriggs, Kirkintilloch, Milngavie, Lenzie, Milton of Campsie, Lennoxtown, Torrance and Twechar.