Vacancy posted: Friday, 8 Jun 2012
Our client is looking for an experienced Engineering Inspector to join their team on a permanent basis.
The role centres on delivering the programme of inspection, reporting and recording of all plant and equipment within hazardous areas as defined in DSEAR (Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations).
- Responsibility for delivering the plan of inspection agreed to fulfil the requirements of the DSEAR and ATEX directives, identifying the suitability of equipment and protective systems used in them.
- The inspector will be responsible for covering a number of TEG sites
- Completing visual, close and detailed inspection of mechanical and electrical equipment within zoned areas to an agreed schedule.
- Recording and highlighting faults to an agreed procedure.
- Visual inspection of 10% asset register and document.
- Utilising scheduling software to manage the inspection regime.
- Maintaining relevant documentation, including asset registers, to support DSEAR compliance.
- Establishing a close interface with the core process engineering teams to promote safe working practices and support an effective system for identified part failures as the inspection process proceeds.
- Providing engineering compliance support for the capital investment programme, to incorporate new equipment into the compliance regimes.
- Once the programme of identification, inspection and audit of zoned-area equipment is established, it is anticipated that the Engineering Inspectors will be able to work on targeted improvements to further aspects of engineering and site health, safety and security
- Trained electrician to the appropriate IEC Standards, with specific certification appropriate for fulfilling the requirements of the DSEAR and ATEX regulations including an understanding of the principles of explosion protection, types of protection and marking
- Demonstrates a detailed understanding of process and production environments with an ability to read and assess engineering drawings and to interpret data with a systematic and logical approach
- A clean driving licence is required for this position.
- A good level of PC literacy is also essential.
To apply for this position please forward your CV to John Green using the apply online now link.
HR Consultancy acts as both an employment business and an employment agency.
Job Reference: ED/JG/38492
Closing Date: 10-Jun-2012