Vacancy posted: Friday, 8 Jun 2012
MSK Search & MSK Solutions Lean Manufacturing Manager Grangemouth £50k+Benefits
Our client a Chemicals Plant is looking to recruit Lean Manufacturing Leader to Champion the implementation of Lean manufacturing,Drive continuous improvement on the site to eliminate waste and reduce variability, using Lean Manufacturing principles and methodologies.
Support managers in executing continuous improvement projects and the implementation of Lean methodology.
To develop and drive the site continuous improvement plan in line with business strategy. Facilitate over all continuous improvement activities and provide training and support to allow other departments to deliver their improvement goals.
1. Develop and communicate Continuous Improvement strategy
2. Develop and maintain the site continuous improvement plan to deliver key business goals.
3. Develop and maintain a system for managing improvement projects including definition,
prioritisation, evaluation and closure.
4. Develop systems to track the key performance indicators (KPIs) within all processes.
5. Continually improve data handling and interrogation capabilities across all processes on site.
6. Develop the skills base within all areas of manufacturing to ensure that processes run with the
highest level of efficiency and reliability.
7. Develop a training strategy based on skills gap analysis to ensure FFIC have the capability to
deliver on continuous improvement plan.
8. Provide training on continuous improvement tools and techniques to improve site capability.
9. Develop a network of FFIC continuous improvement specialists to ensure a common best
practise approach is adopted across all sites and departments.
10. Maintain a network of contacts in other businesses and organisations to allow FFIC to adopt best
practice learning and network.
11. Manage and maintain a Continuous Improvement synergy program with FFIC Inc.
Degree educated in a technical discipline.
Lean Six Sigma, Project Management
Previous experience in leading Process Improvement/Lean Projects.
A solid understanding of lean manufacturing principles and
techniques and demonstrated delivery of lean continuous
Must be self-motivated and disciplined, ability to work on own initiative
Excellent communications skills. Ability to communicate with senior
managers and operators alike (individuals, teams and large groups).
Strong commercial awareness to achieve business objectives
Consultative skills. Ability to quickly identify process improvement
opportunities and obtain senior management buy-in
A high level of understanding in using Process Management tools
Send your cv ASAP.
Job Reference: msk10
About MSK Search & MSK Solutions
Senior Search & Selection consultancy