Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 12 Jun 2012
Gilchrist Recruitment Partnership have been exclusively retained to recruit a brand new role for a major manufacturing trade association. Based primarily from home (anywhere in Scotland), you will cover Scotland in its entirely as well as Northern Ireland. The official title is "Stakeholder Account Executive (Scotland & NI)" and you will report into a regional Campaigns Manager.
- Create, maintain and serve a permanent and evolving network of stakeholders who are interested or affected by the manufacturing regulation in Scotland and Northern Ireland
- Support the Scotland and Northern Ireland stockists and retailers Alliance and enable them to make links as appropriate with with local policy makers, media and other stakeholder groups on these retail issues.
- Provide information and advocacy support to the network of stakeholders and develop local campaigns on various associated issues as well as supporting local shops & stockists
- Support the member retailers ‘on the ground’ to make links with other local stakeholders and develop local campaigns
- Identify new retailers to join the trade association
- Develop relationships with local government and the devolved parliaments in Scotland and Northern Ireland, and ensure all issues within the realms of regulation are better understood by politicians and policy makers
- Act as the first point of contact for the trade association in Scotland and NI.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills
- Experience and understanding of communications and working with the media
- Knowledge of devolved government politics, business regulation and understanding/experience of the retail and/or manufacturing sectors
· A background in a commercial or sales environment is likely to be an advantage
· The ability to remain calm under pressure, working to tight deadlines whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Dynamic, driven and enthusiastic individual
- Able to prioritise effectively and handle multiple tasks
- Good IT skills
- Full driving licence and willingness to travel
Up to £35k plus car allowance and benefits
FURTHER INFORMATION: This role is exclusive to the Gilchrist Recruitment Partnership. When applying, please submit your CV in a word format, stating your current salary and notice period
NOTE TO CANDIDATES: We cannot guarantee a reply to your application and will actively contact only those we wish to short list. This is made necessary by the volumes of response we receive. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
FOLLOW US: We post updates, vacancies, industry news and much more on a daily basis on Linked In; Twitter (@JillGilchrist1) and Facebook (GilchristRecruitment).
Job Reference: LT1205-MSC
About Gilchrist Recruitment Partnership
The Gilchrist Recruitment Partnership are a new breed of specialist recruitment consultancy specifically within the marketing, digital and creative sector throughout Scotland.