Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 13 Jun 2012
>> Your job role involves the delivery of front-line services to individuals and groups of people. You are required to carry out the duties of a large goods vehicle driver in the collection, transfer and disposal of waste/recyclates and street cleansing operations within the boundaries of Aberdeenshire Council.
>> A current driving and Large Goods Vehicle licence is a requirement as is a good knowledge of the Highway Code.
>> This position is advertised as a 'fixed' post as detailed on the Worksmart website -
Certain terms and conditions of service for this post may change under proposals to implement revised provisions, which the Council is currently consulting and negotiating on.Informal Enquiries to:Kelly Garvie TN 01467 628663
>> Carry out the duties of a large goods vehicle driver in the collection, transfer and transportation of waste/recyclates and street cleansing operations within the boundaries of Aberdeenshire Council. You will be expected to carry out these duties in a professional, smart and efficient manner. >> You will be expected to be knowledgeable and comply with all current legislation in relation to driving duties.
>> To assist crew members in carrying out their duties and ensure that they do so in a safe and efficient manner.
- Specialist LGV Driving
- Mechanical Operation skills of allocated vehicles and other equipment
- Individual responsibility for care and operation of loads
- Accurate completion of all documentation relating to all vehicle legislation and waste regulations
- Ensure Compliance of all Health and Safety legislation
- Carry out non-driving duties when required which will include manual handling and labouring
Job Reference: ABS013218
Closing Date: 21-Jun-2012