Vacancy posted: Friday, 15 Jun 2012
Argent Energy Maintenance Engineer Motherwell £DOE
JOB TITLE: Multi –skilled Maintenance Engineer
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
LOCATION: Argent Energy Bio diesel Plant, Motherwell
Main Purpose of Job
Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all plant equipment and machinery. This will include both breakdown and planned preventative maintenance jobs. Ideally the successful candidate shall have extensive experience of pump repairs and have a sound electrical background.
Knowledge and Skills Required
1. You must be qualified to either City & Guilds Level 3 Engineering or NVQ Level 3 Mechanical Engineering.
2. Must have proven background of working in a process environment with ‘hands on’ experience in the maintenance and repair of centrifugal pumps.
3. Experience of preventative maintenance management and stock control.
4. Experience of working in chemical processing plant preferred.
5. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
6. Ability to work own initiative under pressure.
7. Strong team player.
8. Must be IT literate.
9. Understanding of 3 phase electrical motors.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Responsible for the repair and maintenance of all plant equipment and machinery including Steam boilers and associated equipment, heat exchangers,
Centrifugal pumps and compressors.
- To ensure the re-ordering of spares is carried out in a swift and timely manner.
- Install / maintain and update the stores system on site.
- Monitor and maintain good housekeeping within the stores/ workshop/ container areas.
- To document all pumps on site in file and maintain records of maintenance and repairs.
- Ensure all equipment within area of responsibility is kept in good condition and stored correctly.
- Ensure Preventative Maintenance is carried out on plant equipment as required in a timely manner
- You will be required to work flexible hours occasionally
9. Ensure all work undertaken is done so in accordance with the company policy and in a safe manor.
10. Ensure area of responsibility’s housekeeping is of a high standard.
- Ensure all necessary equipment / spares are on site to allow smooth plant operations.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by Management
- Ensure all preventative maintenance systems meet with external requirements i.e SEPA
- Ensure quality checks are carried out accurately and all required data is recorded as required.
Training / Team work
- Actively promote a team-working environment and always lead by example.
- Encourage, motivate support and develop operators on shift and provide guidance as required.
- Participate in training as required.
Documentation and Data Recording
- Ensure a good understanding of all necessary documentation required.
- Ensure all written communication is accurate, clear and completed
Health and Safety
- Ensure a thorough knowledge of your detailed Health & Safety responsibilities.
- Ensure all work is carried out as specified in equipment documentation.
- Always wear Personal Protective Equipment as required. Take responsibility for own PPE ensuring appropriate storage and care.
- Always strive to work in a manner safe to yourself and others and report any hazards immediately.
- Ensure all staff and visitors operates in compliance with Safety regulations
- Responsible for safety of team members
- Actively participate in addressing Health, Safety and Environmental issues affecting the production areas.
- Ensure all H,S&E checks are carried out
- A thorough knowledge of the Plant Emergency Procedures are required and an understanding of the response required for such events.
- Ensure the plant operates in compliance with all regulatory, corporate, and government policies.
This job description is a summary of the main duties of the role but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and updated regularly in discussion with the post holder.
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 8am – 4.30pm
To apply for this role, please click Apply button