Vacancy posted: Friday, 15 Jun 2012
Working under the direction of the Facilities Manager, the Mechanical and Electrical Technician will have day to day responsibility for implementing and monitoring a range of maintenance activities. Working closely with other members of the facilities team and providing assistance to the operations team by resolving maintenance problems to keep the business running. This role requires a degree of flexibility as there will be a requirement to work shifts and provide weekend and on-call cover.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Fault finding and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment and installations.
- Maintenance and repair of three phase, single phase and low voltage control systems.
- Maintenance of distribution panels, sub-mains and final sub-circuits.
- Carry out Preventative Maintenance on key Building Services equipment e.g. Air Handling Units, lighting, fire alarms, building fabric, water distribution, conveyors and docking equipment.
- Conduct and document P.A.T. testing on portable equipment.
- Conduct Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Facilities and H&S safe working procedures.
- Manage and control all contractors working on the site.
- Part of a maintenance team carrying out electrical and mechanical activities on facilities and production equipment.
- Control and implement lock out / tag out procedures.
- Qualified at least to City & Guilds Electrical or Mechanical.
- Several years' maintenance working in production environment.
- Must be self-motivated, innovative and customer-centric.
- Basic knowledge of PLC controlled equipment
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work unsupervised and have a "can do" attitude.
- Basic PC skills - email, excel.
- Ideally time served or an equivalent certified adult training programme.
- Experience of inverter drives and conveyor systems
- Able to demonstrate problem solving skills.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=1499089-2584-4759
Job Reference: 133269
Closing Date: 15-Jul-2012