Vacancy posted: Friday, 15 Jun 2012
You will also receive a van for business use.
An excellent pension scheme, Perks online employee benefits scheme and an opportunity to join the share save and share incentive plan with British Gas, plus a wide range of other employee benefits.
- Field based and with the minimum of supervision you will service, diagnose faults and repair domestic electrical appliances (white goods) and carry out basic electrical repairs to the required quality and safety standards ensuring cost effectiveness and a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Provide customers with sound, professional advice on their electrical appliances and electrical installation and keep the customer well informed while work is in progress and on completion.
- Carry out surveys and prepare estimates to ensure all opportunities are taken to create new business and increase customer retention and loyalty with a view to building the highest reputation with the customer.
- Provide accurate information on products and services to ensure consistency across the organisation and provide a reliable and trustworthy customer service. Positively promote British Gas and its products to increase customer awareness and increase the profitability of the business.
- Operate computerised British Gas systems to maintain accurate and secure records and more specifically to retrieve work, order parts, replenish stock, update records and view customer information.
- Deal positively with customer complaints, speedily resolving these in the most cost effective way while ensuring that high levels of customer satisfaction are maintained and escalating to your Line Manager where necessary.
- Within your team you should play a pro-active role in achieving personal and group targets. The jobholder will also need to communicate effectively ideas, views and initiatives with team members and Line Managers.
- Adhere to the Competence and Training procedures with a focus on Health and Safety. You will ensure appropriate PPE is worn when appropriate and escalate any risks to your Line Manager.
- With a clear focus on customer awareness and the commercial aims of British Gas carry out servicing and repairs of domestic electrical appliances (white goods) and basic electrical repairs in customers premises to the highest standards with a clear focus on efficiency, safety and customer satisfaction.
- You MUST be able to demonstrate current practical experience working in the service and repair of Domestic Appliance Market.
- S/NVQ in electrical repair is desirable but not essential
- Hold a current full manual drivers licence valid for use within the UK
- Competent in the safe operation of all necessary equipment
- Computer literacy in order to operate customer related information systems
- Maintain good customer relations at all times
- Work as part of a team with Line Manager and other Technical staff within area.
- Maintain good working relations and communicate regularly with the support team in the operational centre regarding workload issues etc.
- Positively promote British Gas, applying the British Gas Values in all day to day activities.
- Key Success Factors: maintained customer satisfaction levels, maintained minimum service delivery levels in line with productivity targets & number of return visits.
- Employees will be required to be contacted and then respond from home to customer demands, outside of core working hours and additional to their contracted hours, therefore a Stand-by provision will be made available to cover all periods outside of core hours (no greater than 1 in 4 weeks).
- You will have excellent customer relationship and communication skills
- You must be self-reliant, responsible and able to demonstrate pride and effort in anything you undertake.
- You must demonstrate the ability to effectively prioritise work loads
- You will have excellent problem solving skills to diagnose defects
- You will have the ability to read and understand technical drawings
- You will be confident in product promotion and providing best advice to customers
- As the public face of British Gas you will need to present the company's world-class image at all times, through the quality of your work and the way you deal with customers and the public at large.
- Competitive Monthly salary
- Tools and van stock materials supplied
- New van every four years
- Latest laptop technology
- Additional training opportunities after qualification
- 37 hour week
- Paid holiday entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Sick pay scheme
- Company share schemes
- Share Incentive Plan
- Great career prospects
- Discount given on Centrica products
Job Reference: BG8659