Vacancy posted: Friday, 15 Jun 2012
Student Recruitment Assistant (Maternity Cover) Stirling (Town) Grade 4 £17,329 - £19,411 p.a. pro rata
The University wishes to appoint Student Recruitment Assistant to work within Student Recruitment and Admissions. This is an integrated service consisting of the International and Postgraduate Office, the UK Undergraduate Office and a support function.
The postholder will be responsible for providing clerical and secretarial support to recruitment staff within SRA. This will include dealing with correspondence (paper and electronic), filing systems, organising travel arrangements, answering enquiries, maintaining schedules and diaries, mailing/freighting marketing materials, expenses and other related financial aspects, maintaining databases and records, provide cover for the SRA reception facility and so forth. In addition to this the postholder will provide support and cover to the SRA Office Manager taking responsibility for a range of set tasks as well as deputising in the OM’s absence.
The postholder will also be required to take an active part in dealing with enquiries, assisting in the admissions and conversion process, pre and post arrival activities and on-going support to students. This includes assisting with a range of on-campus recruitment/induction events some of which are held in the evenings or at weekends.
This is a key role in supporting staff to ensure delivery of a quality service to potential applicants, their supporters/family, schools, colleges and a range of other interested stakeholders. There is also a key role in assisting the SRA Office Manager to ensure the broader SRA, and on occasion, DEA activity is supported.
The skills, abilities, experience and knowledge outlined below provide a summary of what is required to carry out this post effectively. They also form the selection criteria on which the decision on who to appoint will be made. Please ensure that you show how you meet the criteria outlined below in your application.
- Have an excellent understanding or knowledge of computer systems (word processing, spreadsheets and databases) to a proficient standard.
- Be able to use data storage systems and be able to manipulate data.
- Creative and positive attitude.
- A good clerical, secretarial or administrative background.
- Be highly organised with an ability to prioritise workload.
- Be able to use own initiative.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Be able to communicate effectively with a range of people from differing backgrounds, cultures and countries.
- Experience of higher education administration
- Experience within a recruitment and / or admission environment.
Please apply for this position via our online application system. We are not able to accept any paper applications or electronic applications by email.
Job Reference: SERV00050
Closing Date: 09-Jul-2012