Vacancy posted: Friday, 15 Jun 2012
Origin RPM Senior Project Estimator Hamilton £30-33,000 + Comprehensive Benefits Package
Origin RPM's client is recognised as the countries leading provider of pre-manufactured module based buildings. With over 50 years of business behind us we are proud of this reputation within the industry. Due to continued growth, we now have a new position for a Senior Project Estimator.
Based at our Hamilton Scottish headquarters you will be a key member of our team providing “one stop shop solutions” for our clients starting at concept design through to project completion. From a single module building used as an office, marketing suite or training room, to a large multiple storey building for use in the education, healthcare & private sectors, we will plan, manage, and construct the facility to meet permanent planning and building standards.
We are now looking to appoint a Senior Estimator to strengthen our commercial teams based in Hamilton. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, qualified, and skilled individual to work with us on tendering and winning typical design and build turnkey contracts. You will have relevant experience and knowledge of the building industry in leading and organising winning tender bids using current computerised estimating packages. Candidates should have an HNC/ HND in a construction related qualification as a minimum, ideally degree qualified.
1. To request, select and manage a “bid team” on larger and more complex tenders bring together the best available experienced resources internally and externally to ensure our final submissions are commercially attractive to our customers.
2. To prepare and check our submissions on all outgoing tenders, estimates and proposals ensuring accuracy, completeness and compliance.
3. To use your commercial acumen and “creativity” to influence our tender or quotation submissions ensuring that we are submitting lowest possible deliverable costs with a “best designed solution” approach whilst protecting our gross margin expectations.
4. To ensure that sub-contractors information and tender “work packages” are issued out in a timely manner to all, ensuring we get accurate timely and competitive bid returns therefore allowing us to evaluate and select for inclusion in our final submissions.
5. To identify early and report upon any contractual and commercial risks identified in the tenders that are out with our ECR guidelines (exceptional contractual review) and when required, to complete and submit an ECR report in a timely manner.
6. To communicate and work with the project manager early in the process to advise on any contract or tender instructions required during delivery and when requested to support the delivery of the project attending client meetings either pre or post contract award as needed.
7. To communicate and encourage good working relationships with York factory planners’ programmers and design teams to ensure the project is to plans on specifications, programme, and expected costs.
8. To measure and report on a regular basis any deviations on project costs from estimate to planned to actual. Thereafter identifying causes and possible learnings and adjustments that can be made ensuring these are properly communicated and implemented into our systems where applicable.
9. To utilize all current estimating software and all other IT systems to produce quotation information and presentations whilst maintaining and updating all costing spreadsheets in a regular manner.
10. To maintain and develop the Company’s Quality assurance procedures and ensure their compliance in the activities of the job role.
11. Supervise the day to day activities of the Technician estimators to ensure that output meets all customer requirements and all milestone dates.
Benefits include a contributory pension scheme, 24 days + 8 public days holidays per year, Investors in People, personal development plans, on-going industry & product training.
Interested? Think you can meet the challenges? Then apply now sending your CV and covering letter via the APPLY button below.
Successful candidates will be contacted within 21 days.
Job Reference: ORI2091
About Origin RPM
Origin RPM provide a new approach to Recruitment in Scotland. We provide a range of innovative and flexible services, which means you get the added-value you require from your recruitment process. Our expertise and systems are available to you on a project-by-project basis, which avoids the need to hire full-time recruitment staff. Origin RPM will plan, define, and manage your recruitment process, ensuring you get the right people, on time, and within your budget. You can choose from our range of services, using only those you need, and not paying for those you don't. Our customers come back to us time and time again, and recommend us to others - call us today to find out what we can do for your business.