Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 19 Jun 2012
Leading international supplier of Support Services to the Defence Sector require a Facilities Energy Engineer to join their Rosyth based team on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
The primary function of this role is to efficiently manage utility consumption services whilst identifying and implementing measures to minimise energy consumption and carbon reduction.
- Prepare and manage Utility budgets, setting appropriate targets and Key Performance Indicators
- Use the management tools available to continually monitor performance of Carbon Reduction objectives against cost and schedule, and take corrective action where the analysis highlights the requirement
- Encourage Key Stakeholders to identify and deliver process improvement and increase Energy efficiency across the site and reduce overhead costs
- Contract negotiations in respect of utility supplies
- Endeavour to build good customer relations, focusing on customer requirements
- Provide accurate Monthly utility reports for internal Business Units and site Tenants
- Increase Company awareness of agreed Carbon Reduction objectives whilst setting and monitor appropriate targets for the Carbon Reduction in line with Company Objectives and performance
- Understand and cascade latest Legislative Carbon management requirements and targets
- Manage all aspects of Health & Safety as part of your daily business by the use of influence, Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Point of Work Safety Assessments (POWSA) safety walk rounds, toolbox talks, and making time out for safety discussion and initiatives involving your team
- Ensure you provide accurate utility consumption and billing information
- Actively contribute/develop process improvements to ensure a cost effective service to the customer
To be considered for this role is it essential you are able to demonstrate similar experience in a large scale engineering environment, degree qualified within an engineering discipline with experience in project management tools & techniques.
Contract Scotland is committed to equal opportunities and diversity for its employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation
Job Reference: LDA/PJP/17944
About Contract Scotland
Contract Scotland, "The Right People for Construction Recruitment in Scotland".
Founded in 1990, Contract Scotland has operated in the Scottish construction industry for longer than any of our competitors. Providing Technical and Professional staff on a Temporary and Permanent basis, we are recognised for providing a high quality service and in the past 4 years Contract Scotland has won 10 awards including "Best Construction Recruitment Firm UK" and "Best Small/Medium Recruitment Firm to Work For" at the Professional Recruiter Awards in 2008 as well as obtaining REC Audited status in 2006.
All our Consultants are salaried professionals, not working on heavily incentivised commission schemes and are put through the Industry Standard exams (REC Certificate & Diploma) to ensure the high quality service we provide. Our temporary workers are treated like an extension of our work force and we will present permanent options that suits your situation and skills.