Vacancy posted: Monday, 18 Jun 2012
Supervisory Engineer (Flood Risk Management) (temp until March 2016) - 50095 - Readvertisement - Previous applicants need not reapply as your application will be considered.
To deliver an effective and efficient Flood Risk Management program in accordance with the Council’s requirement and in compliance with the Flood Risk Management (Scotland) Act 2009 (FRMSA2009) to include, but not be limited to:
1. Prepare plans in accordance with the FRMSA2009 to manage flood risk.
2. Liaise, attend and cooperate with the Clyde and Loch Lomond Local Plan District Working Group and Project Management Office.
3. Prepare projects for flood prevention and alleviation.
4. Report on the physical progress and financial expenditure on all projects allocated to the Consultancy and Design Section as and when required.
5. Fulfilling the Councils Statutory obligations in respect of The Flood Risk Management (Scotland) Act 2009 and The Roads (Scotland) Act 1984It is essential that you are a Chartered or Incorporated Civil Engineer and have a full driving licence.
Important Applicant Information:
Please note that if you apply via this website it is important that you regularly check your emails following your application submission. All further communication regarding your application, including any invite to interview and, if relevant, details of any formal offer/contract, will be done by email.
You should ensure that your email is set up to receive emails from MYJOBSCOTLAND and Inverclyde Council, and that they are not filtered into any JUNK/SPAM folders.
Please read the Essential Applicant Information details prior to submitting your application.
If you are unable to apply using this website, and require further assistance, please contact 01475 712740.
Job Reference: INV000879
Closing Date: 12-Aug-2012
About Inverclyde Council
Inverclyde has a particularly rich and varied history and has produced famous people in many fields such as business, science, entertainment, sport and the arts. The Council is focussing on making Inverclyde a place which nurtures all its citizens, ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to have a good quality of life and good mental and physical wellbeing. Our vision is: ‘Getting it right for every Child, Citizen and Community’ With 4,700 staff Inverclyde Council is the biggest employer in Inverclyde and if you’re considering a career with us. You are able to search and apply for jobs at home, if you do not have internet access at home you can search and apply for jobs at your nearest library, where staff are on hand to help.