Vacancy posted: Monday, 18 Jun 2012
Customer Service Representatives x 3
£15,000 p.a. + shift allowance + benefits
With our continuing global expansion CIGNA has an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to join our Individual Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Team.
Reporting to the IPMI Customer Service Team Leader you will be responsible for managing and maintaining the administration services for individually insured members. You will coordinate with Tele-Sales regarding new business sales, and progress the sale through to inception, invoicing and renewal. Duties will also include all credit control and commissions transactions through timely and accurate invoicing and record keeping; maintaining accurate and precise eligibility records for CGHB members; and ensuring quality in accordance with departmental standards and appropriate trade sanctions.
A fixed, 3-shift pattern will be necessary for this role including weekends allowing us to provide excellent services to our members 24 hours a day 7 days a week. It is likely that the successful candidates will complete the early shift (6am – 2.30pm) or the back shift (2pm – 10.30pm).
Main Duties / Responsibilities
· Respond within the time commitment given to enquiries regarding plan design, eligibility, claims status and perform necessary action as required, with first call resolution where possible.
· Adjudicate international medical/dental and vision claims in accordance with policy terms and conditions to meet personal and team productivity and quality goals.
· Monitor turnaround times to ensure claims are settled within required time scales, highlighting when this is not achievable.
· Monitor and highlight high cost claims and ensure all relevant parties are aware.
· Provide payment guarantees as required to members and providers.
· Interface effectively with internal and external customers to resolve customer issues.
· Liaise with medical management team, providing pre-authorisation of policy benefits, while monitoring against medical underwriting decisions.
· Identify potential process improvements and make recommendations to appropriate management staff.
· Actively support all team members and provide resource to enable all operational goals to be achieved
· Experience within a Customer Service/ Contact Centre environment is essential
· Previous medical, claims or insurance background would be an advantage
· Demonstrated experience working within a team environment.
· Strong interpersonal skills with good verbal and written communication to internal and external clients
· Strong customer focus with ability to identify and solve problems
· Ability to work under own initiative and proactive in recommending and implementing process improvements
· Ability to organise, prioritise and manage workflow to meet individual and team requirements
· Ability to exercise judgement.
Job Reference: IPMI-CSR