Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 19 Jun 2012
* Developing accurate and reliable statistical models together with the associated documentation.
* Providing advice and support on statistical modelling techniques within the team and to other areas of the company
* Undertaking ad-hoc data analysis and data mining to investigate theories.
* Producing regular due diligence reports on portfolios, ensuring are accuracy.
* Controlling and validating the work of external suppliers and consultants, agreeing development plans and specifications
You will be required to work with the Head of Analytics and Strategy to identify and implement models, scoring models to ensure that data is best used to predict business& portfolio performance.
Key to the success will be to provide proactive support and insight leading to increased business performance, and providing analysis that is 100% accurate and robust.
* A strong knowledge in the use of computer based software statistical packages (e.g. SAS Analytics) and data mining applications is essential.
* Demonstrable experience in the development of statistical modelling and credit scoring.
* You will be highly numerate ideally with a degree in a mathematical/statistical/engineering discipline.
* Demonstrable experience in the development, application and implementation of powerful credit risk quantitative techniques (e.g. regression, stochastic processes, etc.) in an industry where statistical prediction is of strategic importance
* Comprehensive knowledge of consumer lending or distressed assets.
* Ability to work accurately to tight timescales
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Evidence of highly innovative thinking, e.g. business/industry papers, motivated and displays initiative and excellent organisational skills
* Good problem solving skills
If you feel you match the above criteria, please email a CV asap in the first instance.
Job Reference: EC/CR
Closing Date: 22-Jun-2012
Adecco is the world leader in human resource solutions, with a comprehensive service offering that includes temporary and interim staffing, outsourcing, permanent recruitment, outplacement and career services, training and consulting, with 12 locations in Scotland alone. We specialise in a number of sectors including Accountancy & Finance, Construction, Investment & Banking, Sales & Marketing, Admin & Secretarial and Call & Contact Centre. We are currently recruiting for temporary, contract & permanent staff across these sectors. Adecco act as an Recruitment Consultancy on behalf of their clients and are also an equal opportunities employer. Contact us today for a confidential conversation.