Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 20 Jun 2012
TITLE: Technical Support Specialist (I)
About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR's assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, healthcare, hospitality, entertainment, gaming and public sector organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR (www.ncr.com) is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia.
- Being responsible for the handling of 'Fault, Performance, Configuration, Security and Accounting management' incidents of a designated group of customers.
- Positions primary responsibility will be to ensure that customer faults are being worked in a manner that will result in the achievement of customer Service Level Agreement's (SLA's) and customer satisfaction; Troubleshooting of documented problems following predefined solution path.
- Analyzing and handling proactive incidents and faults to prevent customer impacting faults in the managed services estate.
- Support CE's in their troubleshooting and as part of the defined rebuild process.
- Ensure proper ticket classification and provide gapless troubleshooting steps to ensure higher support levels do not need to repeat the work done.
- Record and carried over, between shifts any outstanding or new activities.
- Follow defined escalation process for P1 tickets.
- Create and Share knowledge in the designated Team knowledge base.
- Work according to the ISO 20000 best practice by complying to the Incident Management, Change Management and Problem Management process.
- SLA awareness and ensure such agreement is met.
- Call Stack management, divide and assign tickets among the Service Desk support Levels and spread the workload to the required and correct skills / knowledge staff members.
- Monitor the well functioning of IT infrastructure (network, system and business process) of designated customers.
- Own the assigned activities
- Responsible for a proper and complete hand-over to the next shift
- Mentor the junior/senior Service Desk in the incident management process of network, system devices and business process of the customer IT infrastructure.
- Responsible for all daily tasks required providing a high performance, secure and reliable internal IT infrastructure, needed to guarantee a high performance customer IT infrastructure.
- In charge of guaranteeing the resource availability and might have to initiate escalation to Duty Manager.
- Participate in the mentoring program by owning one service component delivered by the Service Desk.
Job-requirements (education, experience, skills):
- Innovative attitude.
- Willing to work in a 7*24 shift environment.
- Stress resistant.
- Urge to keep up to date where it goes about product knowledge.
- Team player.
Education / performance level:
- Technical intermediate/high level.
- IT Degree preferable or relevant industry knowledge
Product knowledge / experience:
- MS NT Server and workstation (W2K required)
- Understanding of Corporate Domains
- MS-Office suite (MS-Access is a preference, MS-Word and Excel enhanced knowledge is required).
- Retalix RePOS Solution
- CA Event Management Solution
- NCR Self checkout technology
- MS-Exchange 5.5 or and 2K certification is required
- Enhanced understanding of router (management) is required (CCNA).
- Enhanced understanding of data communication is required
- The ability to create professional documentation is required.
- Programmer skills are a preference (Visual Basic / Visual 'C').
- A basic understanding of CA is a preference.
- A basic understanding of SQL is a preference.
- A basic understanding of Remedy is a preference.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential.
We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Job Reference: 591460
NCR revolutionized business transactions bringing the Cash Register to international prominence and opening one of the world’s first sales schools. Today, NCR celebrates more than 125 years of business and continues to be the face of innovation, bringing to market state-of-the-art IT solutions that make headlines and constantly push the boundaries of technology. Help lead the way to the next generation of self-service technology by revolutionizing how consumers interact with businesses around the world.