Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 20 Jun 2012
Change are currently looking for an experienced reporting accountant for our financial services client based in Edinburgh. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a small team to deliver financials on a monthly and quarterly basis for our clients group finance department.
Applicants will have past experience working in a large scale business where influencing divisional stakeholders and producing consolidated accounts is expected to tight and demanding timescales. Duties of the role in detail will involve but are not limited to the following;
- Responsible for overseeing the production of monthly and quarterly reporting from a variety of diverse business units
- Influencing key stakeholders to ensure deadlines are met for executive level commentary and review
- Production of management accounts for various entities under remit
- Performing challenge and review with stakeholders to validate financials and figures received
- Ensured the delivery of annual statutory financial statements for entities under remit
- Responsible for the review and sign off of monthly intercompany and intergroup journals
- Ensured correct accounting treatments are applied in line with UK GAAP and IFRS standards
Applicants must have a proven track record in all areas of delivery, ideally at a group level, if not at a complex divisional level within a large scale business. The ability to manage a team as well as their own work load is expected in addition to an up to date knowledge of IFRS and applying this to complex and variety entities.
This role is on an ongoing basis with the view to gaining a permanent position, dependant on performance. In return the successful applicant will gain the chance to work in a dynamic and changing environment that will challenge and test their current skills
Daily Rate: £250 - £350
Job Reference: 5470353
Closing Date: 27-Jun-2012
Change Recruitment Group is the vehicle used to consolidate two leading specialist divisions providing comprehensive end to end recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates around the globe.
Change: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Support, Contact Centre & Sales, Financial Services & Investments, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal and Public Practice.
Change International: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Investments, Tax, Human Resource, Legal, Oil & Gas and Senior Appointments