Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 20 Jun 2012
QUALITY ENGINEER I, (Governance & Certification Group)
We are currently looking to recruit a Quality Engineer I to support our QHS&E function assisting in the deployment of Company policy, procedure and standards ensuring compliance. Furthermore, the successful candidate will assist in the prevention of failure, identification and capture of improvement opportunities through audit, review, surveillance and analysis to facilitate improvement in overall business performance.
The successfull candidate will be expected to:
- Proactively identify and capture any deficiencies within Company Policy, procedure or standard, or contract specific system to “prevent”
- Proactively identify failure to apply Company Policy, Procedure and standards
- Formally report the failure of policy, procedure, standard, or their non – application for whatever reason, by issue of CAR to the Director QHS&E, Head of G&C, Head of Quality/Head of HSE, as appropriate, and responsible Line Manager/Function Head, Identifying their root causes and the corrective and preventive actions to be take
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities within areas, processes, procedure or activities that can be improved in efficiency and/or effectiveness eliminating duplication, waste, conflict, multiple stages, excessive requirements and documentation etc through formal issue of Improvement Recommendation form
- Develop and audit review programmes in support of the above including Site, Suppliers and sub-contractors
- Carry out audit and review programmes
- Carry out review and analysis of all performance feedback (audit, review, surveillance, customer complaints, NCR, CAR etc)
- Provide input into pre-qualifications and proposals
- Carry out employee inductions consistent with Company policy/procedure and/or contract objectives.
The above description is indicative of the main tasks within the role, it is not exhaustive.
The Candidate – Key Requirements
- A minimum qualification of HNC Quality Management or equivalent is required however a Diploma/Degree in Quality / Business Management or equivalent is preferred.
- Member of Institute of Quality Assurance (MIQA)
- NEBOSH certificate
- Lead Auditor qualification
- Previous experience in a Quality role is essential
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the HS&E legislative requirements and product liability laws appropriate to the Company’s business activities
- Sound knowledge, understanding and effective application of ISO 9001 and 14001
- Sound knowledge, understanding and effective application of OHSAS 18001
- Excellent interpersonal and report writing skills
Finally, this role will offer the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to progress within the organisation.
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.
Job Reference: DBEQU1959
Closing Date: 03-Jul-2012