Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 20 Jun 2012
Unit Manager - Justice Services
HMP Addiewell, West Lothian
£33,495 plus benefits
Sodexo Justice Services is a custodial services company with a reputation for delivering high quality services through its philosophy that everyone can develop and make changes for the better.
We are now recruiting for Unit Manager’s to work at HMP Addiewell in West Lothian. This is a crucial operational management role reporting to a member of the Senior Management Team and working closely with colleagues across the prison, our partner agencies and in the wider Sodexo environment.
- To effectively and efficiently run the relevant business unit having due regard to it’s contribution to the overall performance delivery of the establishment and to ensure a safe, secure and decent environment is provided
- Implement and monitor application of corporate systems and design and manage the appropriate local systems to help deliver business needs
- Organise resources to ensure delivery of the operational business and adherence to accepted staff terms and conditions to provide consistency of service provision
- Lead and coach staff encouraging learning and development while also ensuring compliance with the corporate and local human resource policies
- Model appropriate corporate behaviour standards including representing the establishment and the unit in a professional and constructive fashion
- Identify process improvements and with the agreement of the process owner ensure appropriate revisions are consistently implemented
- Deal with all internal and external stakeholder groups ethically and professionally
- Be able to explain corporate direction and policy to staff within the postholders area
- Ensure collation and presentation of all required management information and data to timescale and standard
- Provide creative and practical options for resolving problems within the unit and beyond
- Undertake any other management roles as and when necessary
- Have prior experience of managing or coaching staff
- Ideally have gained experience in a custodial environment, either in a supervisory capacity or as an experienced Prison Officer
- Be able to evidence commitment of working towards a Personal Development Plan
- Be an outstanding communicator, who treats others with respect, dignity and decency
- Be a confident and responsive people manager and a focussed and dynamic team player.
- Adapt very rapidly to changing priorities
- Have a belief in the positive influence learning and development can make in prisoners lifes
All applications are now received online. To apply please visit www.sodexojobs.co.uk and search by job title or using reference number SDX/TP/28/1.
If you have any queries about this vacancy or if you are having issues applying please contact the HR Department, HMP Addiewell on 01506 874520 or alternatively email: Addiewell.email@example.com
The closing date for completed applications is Friday 29 June 2012
Sodexo Justice Services runs rehabilitative justice services which change lives for the better at more than 120 sites across the world, including the full operation of four prisons in the UK. Our work around the world gives us unparalleled access to knowledge, expertise and best practice, which we share across our different operations. This helps us follow our vision to be the organisation of choice in providing both custodial and community based Justice Services. HMP Addiewell was opened in December 2008 and is a 796 place male prison run by Sodexo Justice Services for the Scottish Prison Service at Addiewell, near West Calder in West Lothian. Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Criminal Records Bureau (UK) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
Closing Date: 29-Jun-2012