Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 20 Jun 2012
We are a well established business in a period of growth and have an opportunity for an assistant accountant to join our team.
The role will initially be on a fixed term contract for 9 months and candidates available for an immediate start would be preferable.
This is a diverse, ‘hands on’ role encompassing all levels of transactional and accounting duties.
The ideal candidate should have good accounting experience, the ability to prioritise and manage their own workload and be willing to get involved in all levels of the departments tasks and proactively suggest improvements to processes and controls.
The role will be varied and will include:
· Maintaining all aspects of the purchase ledger
· Payroll support and cover
· Producing sales invoices and dealing with customers
· Balance sheet/Bank reconciliations
· Inter-company transactions
· Journal preparation
· Fixed asset register
· To assist in Management accounts preparation
· Solid accounting experience –including Purchase ledger, cashbook and
· Can do attitude
· Confident to work on own and flexibly as part of a small team
· Excellent IT and excel skills
· Sage payroll experience (preferred not essential)
Please include details of referee's on your C.V. No references will be taken without permission.
Closing date: 4th July 2012