Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 20 Jun 2012
Technical Support Specialist, Life Scientist
Permanent & FTC Contracts
(Fluent in German or French and English)
Unique opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual with a strong academic background in Life Sciences to join a leading Global organization as a Technical Application Scientist.
This role is ideal for someone who has recently completed their studies and is now looking to broaden their experience in an exciting and challenging role in a flourishing industry sector.
You will work in the EMEA HQ of Life Technologies and be offered full training, development and ongoing support from an experienced and supportive management team
· Provide pre- and post-sales technical support for Life Technologies products and services to customers by answering customer technical inquiries. (via telephone, email, fax or mail) and escalate issues or problems when warranted.
· Demonstrates proficiency in using all required computer systems and databases.
· Record and manage customer complaints on technical and quality issues.
· Troubleshoot and provides advice or solutions to problems
· Arrange credits or replacement products as required.
· Analyse complaint information to assist in complaint trending, and identification of potential quality issues.
· Track product related issues
· Participate in customer notifications on product quality issues as required.
· Works with the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system to build a strong customer database
· Assist our sales partners by identifying, recording and escalating opportunities to generate revenue.
· Develop technological and product expertise within key business areas while staying up to date in all of the company’s business areas.
Contribute to departmental and team meetings.
· B.Sc. in molecular biology, cellular, or similar field. (Ph.D. or equivalent experience is preferred.)
· Around 3 years related laboratory experience.
· Strong computer systems and databases.
· Ability to quickly learn large amounts of new, complex technical information
· Strong communication and problem solving skills
· Ability to manage multiple priorities required; problem-solving ability required.
· Computer literacy, including spreadsheet, database, and word processing applications as well as the Internet required.
· Customer service is desirable. Fluent in French or German and English
Job Reference: 10238BR
Closing Date: 27-Jun-2012