Vacancy posted: Thursday, 21 Jun 2012
Laboratory Technical Support Officer
This post arises as a result of funding from the Scottish Government to continue to support the implementation of CfE and the new qualifications. The post will be offered as a 12-month secondment or fixed term contract, with a possibility of extension to 31st March 2015. The position will be based in Dunfermline and requires some travelling and work outside normal hours.
The successful applicant will be placed at an appropriate point on the SSERC technical support officer scale. £ 21,036.
Duties and responsibilities
· Prepare equipment/materials for workshops in negotiation with workshop leaders, for a a range of courses, residential events and other activities intended to promote continuing professional development (CPD) of teachers of science and technical support staff in both primary and secondary schools in Scotland.
· Assist with and contribute to the running of workshops as appropriate, including accredited courses.
· Undertake development work in areas related to the school curriculum. Such activities may include development of new practical protocols and the development of new teaching resources.
· Organise packing, transportation, setting up and clearing of equipment and materials required for workshops, conferences and exhibitions.
· Provide advice and support to external agencies (e.g. schools, colleges) as required.
· Contribute to the preparation of articles for electronic or paper publication to promote and support exciting learning and teaching in science.
· Adhere to the highest standards of Health & Safety.
· Keep inventories of equipment.
· Maintain equipment to a high standard with regard to current H&S regulations.
· Carry out other relevant duties as agreed with their line manager.
· Attend appropriate training as required.
This high profile role offers plenty of scope for personal and professional development.
Closing Date: 06-Jul-2012