Vacancy posted: Thursday, 21 Jun 2012
The role of the Planning Engineer is primarily an office based position. There may however be times that the Planning Engineer is required to travel offshore and also to onshore yard locations in order to support a yard based Project Team.
- Ensure the timely production and issue of integrated plans for all offshore vessels. The plans will include specific ongoing and future vessel contract information, proposed IRM works, CAPEX works and Client requirements.
- Key outputs include 5 year, 18 month, 90 day and 6 week plans.
- Manage the mobilisation process of all vendors to all vessels while offshore or at a shipyard, ensuring personnel are mobilised in a timely manner and within POB constraints.
- Organise and chair regular planning meetings attended by required company representatives and disciplines, discuss activities and gather information in sufficient detail so that work can be planned and executed in a timely fashion and to ensure minimum disruption to offshore operations.
- Produce ad-hoc plans as requested.
- Challenge current practices and identify opportunities to continuously develop and improve planning systems and methods.
- Provide general advice and support on key planning tools and procedures. Develop and maintain highly effective relationships and communication links with onshore, offshore and contractor contacts.
- Interface with various departments such as HR, Supply Chain, Operations (and offshore personnel) and discipline engineers/projects within the Technical Department.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Basic Occupational Competence:
- HND or equivalent engineering qualification.
- Primavera planning software.
- Microsoft Office Package with a good working knowledge of Project, Excel and Word.
Basic Safety Requirement:
- Basic Safety Induction and Emergency Training.
- Certificate of Medical Fitness (UKOOA & Norway or equivalent)
Experience and Knowledge:
- Relevant experience in a planning or logistics role, preferably within the marine or oil and gas industry.
- Ability to work independently as well as to work as part of a team, be well-organised and able to take own initiatives.
- Good understanding and working experience of cross-departmental practices.
- Good interpersonal skills at all levels of seniority.
- Experience with Planned Maintenance systems preferable.
Job Reference: LS21687
Closing Date: 28-Jun-2012
About Eden Scott
Eden Scott offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.