Vacancy posted: Thursday, 21 Jun 2012
The Materials Coordinator is responsible for providing assistance to the Materials and Logistics department in accordance with policies, procedures and systems, statutory regulations and good industry practice. Assist with the daily running of the Materials office, by updating files and the general databases.
- Responsible for the input for delivery/return/transfer tickets for Secure Drilling & Testing Services. Ensuring documents are archived in accordance with company procedures.
- Responsible for Logistical movements and tracking of all types of transportation, ensuring the processing of all paperwork relating to the movement of equipment dispatched/received and passing onto relevant depts.
- Create all Manual Documentation including Commercial Invoices, Cargo Summaries, Manual Delivery Tickets, Pre-despatch and Country of Origins and any other related documents as required by the department.
- Book transport as required for internal and client operations and ensuring Purchase Orders are processed accordingly, utilising an effective cost and physical control.
- Responsible for confirming all equipment returned from our clients are booked in correctly and in a timely manner. Loading on of all Third Party Equipment and off hiring when returned, informing the appropriate people via email/Fax and ensuring the equipment is returned within a reasonable time frame. Ensure correct filing procedures are maintained and all paperwork passed to the relevant persons.
- Advising the clearing agent of the import method required and advise of tariff numbers, VAT numbers, deferment no, IPR authority, customs procedure code, if required, detailing information in Import spreadsheet.
- Responsible for ensuring all Customs Import and Export Paperwork, dangerous goods, compliance and any other related controlled paperwork is managed, filed and accessible in accordance to Company Policy, Corruption and Compliance procedures. Assisting in HM Customs and Excise personnel in Audits.
- Assist in covering for other Materials Positions during Holiday or Sick Leave.
- Ensure all tasks carried out are in accordance with best working practices, in a timely manner and in line with company procedures.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
*Standard Grade or equivalent in Maths, English.
*Computer literate in MS Excel (advanced), Word
*Working knowledge of Excel, Access, or SAP
*Dangerous Goods by Air and Sea
*Safe Cargo Handling
*Experience of working in an administration role
*Experience in fast moving and pressurised workplace.
*Flexible approach to work and working hours to meet operational requirements
*Previous Import and Export experience
*Experience of working within a warehouse environment
*Literate and numerate. Accuracy in work produced
*Self-starter who can work without supervision and on their own initiative to meet set targets and tight time frames.
*Good Communication Skills
*Relevant oil industry experience.
Job Reference: 21580
Closing Date: 28-Jun-2012
About Eden Scott
Eden Scott offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.