Vacancy posted: Thursday, 21 Jun 2012
Summary of Role Purpose
The role will be based in an agile team responsible for identifying, designing and delivering enhancements to improve performance and scalability of multiple instances of live multi-terabyte client applications.
The role will involve working with developers and DBAs to optimise queries, stored procedures and schema in MS SQL Server to ensure excellent performance in a large system for our demanding client base in the financial sector.
* Work with DBAs and developers to produce effective, scalable database designs
* Analyse performance problems to design and implement query and schema optimisation of large existing client applications.
* Own and support changes through every step of the development lifecycle.
* Manage changes to live applications to minimise risk
* Promote good working practices within development team through peer reviews and championing improvements to database development techniques/processes
* Maintain and adhere to company standards and industry best practices
* Produce supporting documentation
* Relevant degree at 2:1 or equivalent
* 3+ years experience working in a SQL SME/Developer role
* Experience working with MS SQL Server 2005+ including:
o Extensive T-SQL experience
o In-depth knowledge of query-plans and query tuning
o Proven database design experience in enterprise-level applications
* Strong communication and problem solving skills
* Confident and able to table initiative in a client-and delivery-focused environment
* Good knowledge of the software development lifecycle in an agile environment
* Pro-active, positive approach to work
* Experience of development in .Net
* Knowledge of the financial sector
Job Reference: TM-SQL Dev
Closing Date: 28-Jun-2012