Vacancy posted: Friday, 22 Jun 2012
We are currently looking for experienced Operations Managers to join our team and play a critical role in the management, control and direction of Outbound within our Fulfilment Centre (FC) based in Gourock.
The role reports to the Senior Operations Manager, and you will be directly responsible for a team of Area /Team Managers and their direct reports. You will work to continuously improve the functionality and level of service that the FC provides to our customers, resulting in exceeded productivity goals and delivery against our customer promises.
Key Tasks/ Responsibilities:
Manage and drive staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives, performance levels, process change initiatives, and other Process Improvement/ Six Sigma initiatives to enable Operations and ultimately the FC to attain Amazon&rsquos Business Plan
Manage a team of approximately 200+ (400 in peak season) employees within a very fast-paced/ time-critical and demanding environment. This will include the setup and implementation of career development plans for all your Direct Reports, i.e. the Area Managers
Manage a shift directly and a major process directly or indirectly &ndash becoming a subject matter expert in your area
Set / clarify requirements and expectations for Area Managers and Team Leaders
Work closely with other support teams (HR, Financial Manager, Facilities Manager, Safety & Security Manager, IT Manager) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisations policies and procedures
Implement change and/or develop new processes as required to provide ability to better direct ship multiple products to multiple locations and geographies
Participate from time to time in cross-functional Process and Business Improvement projects within the FC and the broader Amazon EU Operations network
- Significant Operations team leadership experience in a similar fast-paced process driven manufacturing, production or distribution/logistics environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate to all levels
- Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate, and influence work behaviours
- Practiced working knowledge of Lean techniques such as Kaizen or Six Sigma
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical capability
- Demonstrate the ability to manage detail, establish root cause and be able to extract and manipulate data
- Able and willing to work to flexible schedules/ shifts and commit the time required to get the job done
- Bias for action - this role is fundamentally about managing and driving production within specified area/s and process improvement - through efficiency and change
Candidates will ideally be degree qualified in a Science or Logistics based discipline or be a direct MBA graduate. Six Sigma Green or Operational Black Belts welcome.
The successful candidate has the opportunity for future promotion and career development, and candidates that can achieve and aspire to personal career development are actively sought.
In return, we will offer you a competitive salary, stock units, site performance related pay potential and other excellent benefits including healthcare and employee discount. You will also have the opportunity to develop a rewarding career with one of the UK&rsquos leading online retailers.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=1505681-2584-7459
Job Reference: 182185
Closing Date: 21-Jul-2012