Vacancy posted: Monday, 25 Jun 2012
Re-advertisement of MOR002350
To provide an Educational Psychology Service to client groups within the Moray area in accordance with Council policies, legislation, National priorities, and the Code of Conduct for Chartered Psychologists.
Major Tasks & Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Principal Educational Psychologist:
- Provide consultation and advice for all Service users including children and young people, parents, educational establishments, other agencies, and the Education Authority.
- Assess and report on the psychological and educational needs of children and young people in the context of the family, school and wider community.
- Undertake casework and arrange appropriate and effective interventions for children and young people in co-operation with other agencies.
- Contribute to the professional training and development of colleagues and Service users.
- Contribute to research and the development of policies and provision for children and young people.
Job Reference: MOR002584
Closing Date: 06-Jul-2012
About Moray Council
Moray Council is responsible not just for improving life in the area; we’re also committed to making a real difference to over 85,000 people - from providing homes and educating the next generation to emptying the bins and lighting the streets, we make a real contribution to the lives of those we work for. Whether you're a school leaver, graduate, experience, professional or returning from a career break - looking for full time / part time - whatever your reasons or future ambitions we welcome all applications. We promote a culture of good health and well being. In addition to a health and work policy, we organise fun and informative health related events on a regular basis to ensure you have a Healthy Working Life.