Vacancy posted: Monday, 25 Jun 2012
PIONEER OIL TOOLS LTD CNC Programmer/Production Engineer Arbroath údependent on experience
Pioneer Oil Tools are a long established company based in Arbroath specialising in the manufacture of downhole tools for the oil and gas industry.
We are looking for a CNC Programmer/Production Engineer who possess good communication skills and is a team player.
Our machine shop consists of CNC Lathes and 3 & 5-axis milling machines.
As a CNC Programmer you will;
- Work in conjunction with the Foreman to set up standard programmes for main operations with standard operating procedures.
- Provide operator support.
- Programming CNC machines for both milling and turning in accordance with customer specifications and company standards.
- Read and interpret technical drawings. Establish correct tools are required for each task and to alert Supervisor of any tooling issues.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Must be proficient in Fanuc, Siemens and Heidenhain controls.
- Must have practical experience in CNC machining ie. turning and milling.
- Experience in oil field threads an advantage.
- HNC/HND in an engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of feeds, speeds & tooling.
- Experience in 5-axis milling an advantage.
- Experience with Edgecam - Training in 3D Edgecam will be provided.
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 40hr week with hours from 8am till 5pm
Closing Date: 10-Jul-2012