Vacancy posted: Monday, 25 Jun 2012
Reporting to the Customer Services Manager, the post holder will develop, co-ordinate and manage strategies, policies and procedures in relation to Information and Records Management to ensure the Council is managing its information and records efficiently whilst meeting the requirements of Public Records (Scotland) Act and other relevant legislation. The post holder will also be responsible for:-
• the co-ordination and dissemination of guidance, training, documentation and support to senior management, staff and elected Members to ensure that the Council’s Information and Records Management policies and procedures are adhered to;
• administration and contribution to the procurement and roll-out of a Corporate EDRMS ensuring that records are managed to agreed standards and that current Information Management policies and procedures are adhered to;
• leading a temporary project team consisting of four Information Management Assistants;
• the development and administration of near-site record storage facilities;
• working with Services to reduce hard copy record storage through the implementation of agreed retention schedules and records disposal policies.
For more information please contact Carol Coia, 0141 574 5561 CHARTER OF COMMITMENT
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Link to East Dunbartonshire Council website
Job Reference: EAD002347
Closing Date: 04-Jul-2012
About East Dunbartonshire Council
East Dunbartonshire lies to the north of Glasgow bounded by the Campsie Fells and the Kilpatrick Hills. It is a strategically significant location for economic, social and environmental development between the city and the gateway to the Highlands through the West Highland Way and eastwards through the Kelvin Valley. With a population of 104,570, East Dunbartonshire is in the mid-range of Scottish local authorities in terms of population and covers an area of 77 square miles. It comprises an attractive mixture of urban and rural areas that included the following suburban and rural settlements of Bearsden, Bishopbriggs, Kirkintilloch, Milngavie, Lenzie, Milton of Campsie, Lennoxtown, Torrance and Twechar.