Vacancy posted: Monday, 25 Jun 2012
This post is temporary for 5 years. Small businesses make a vital contribution to East Dunbartonshire's economy: of over 3000 locally registered businesses, almost 90% employ fewer than 10 people, providing a vital source of employment, innovation and diversity in the local economy.
East Dunbartonshire Council's Economic Development team work with the business community to provide Advice, Access to Finance and Information Services, contributing to local economic growth and the development of an enterprise culture in East Dunbartonshire. As part of this Business Support Network, the Business Gateway Service plays a vital role in providing consultative services to start-up and growth businesses, alongside a programme of events and training workshops.
Exciting opportunities have arisen within the Economic Development team to contribute to the development and delivery of the Business Gateway Service in East Dunbartonshire, working with clients to provide a high quality, responsive and professional service.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with strong track records in the business support environment and a passion for small business and entrepreneurship. CHARTER OF COMMITMENT
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Link to East Dunbartonshire Council website
Job Reference: EAD002367
Closing Date: 11-Jul-2012
About East Dunbartonshire Council
East Dunbartonshire lies to the north of Glasgow bounded by the Campsie Fells and the Kilpatrick Hills. It is a strategically significant location for economic, social and environmental development between the city and the gateway to the Highlands through the West Highland Way and eastwards through the Kelvin Valley. With a population of 104,570, East Dunbartonshire is in the mid-range of Scottish local authorities in terms of population and covers an area of 77 square miles. It comprises an attractive mixture of urban and rural areas that included the following suburban and rural settlements of Bearsden, Bishopbriggs, Kirkintilloch, Milngavie, Lenzie, Milton of Campsie, Lennoxtown, Torrance and Twechar.