Vacancy posted: Monday, 25 Jun 2012
My client is a major designer and manufacturer of capital equipment with a global client base.
They are currently recruiting a Mechanical Development Engineer to ensure products are designed to high standards with respect to quality, functionality, reliability, manufacture, maintenance, safety and environmental performance.
The general duties of this role are as follows:
- Design new products and product modifications using established engineering solutions and a knowledge of fundamental engineering principles.
- Work with key suppliers to ensure that the best use is made of available technologies/components.
- Select components, taking into account their technical specification and the cost of ownership over the full product lifecycle.
- Provide technical support for manufacturing, test and the operating companies.
- Work with specialist engineers who may be brought in to advise the Technical Team.
- Ensure that product development and design work, including the selection/specification of components, meets company engineering standards and good engineering practice.
- Arrange for manufacturing to carry out the product modification and monitor progress to meet deadline.
- Design a test procedure, in conjunction with the Development Test Coordinator, to cover the full range of operating conditions, analyse results and carry out any further modifications required.
- As a member of the team, contribute to the future development plans and strategy for existing products and potential new product ranges.
- Prepare full records and documentation of product modifications and ensure that any work delegated elsewhere has been fully documented.
To be considered for this position candidates will possess the following attributes:
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) Professional skills/experience.
- Experience in a design/development role .
- Understanding of engineering processes and to appreciate the commercial constraints.
- Systems thinker who can envisage how a particular modification will have knock-on effects throughout the product.
- A product development or project engineer role in a capital equipment manufacturing environment.
Job Reference: Req//191125
Closing Date: 02-Jul-2012