Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 26 Jun 2012
Due to the ongoing demand for our expertise, an opportunity has arisen for a Commercial & Contracts officer within the JAMES FISHER DEFENCE business, based from our office in RENFREW.
Responsible to the Finance and Commercial Director for all aspects of commercial management and contract negotiation across a range of complex projects, including:
· Extracting key commercial, legal and risk issues from bids and tender documents
· Reviewing, drafting and assisting with negotiating contracts / T&Cs. Development of NDAs, Teaming Agreements and the like,
· Establish JFD standard legal documents including conditions of supply, conditions of purchase, NDA’s etc
· Negotiation of favourable contracting terms for the company with customers and suppliers;
· Identifying and communicating critical commercial/contract tasks and key risks;
· Managing the company’s insurance portfolio in consideration of all identified risks;
· Management of a detailed contract database covering all arrangements entered into by the company;
· Provision of general commercial/contract support to all internal stakeholders
- Implementing standard processes and procedures.
- Leading local efforts on legal and commercial compliance issues.
- Instructing and liaising with head office legal team and external legal advisors
- Support for tender submissions and business development
- Assistance with acquisitions and corporate matters
- Maintaining the Agents register
- Legal compliance
- Have a sound knowledge of commercial principles and experience in International government contracts and defence
- This is a high pressurised role whereby previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and the written word.
- Must be self-motivated and capable to use their initiative where required.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to work as part of a dynamic team, assisting other team members where necessary.
- Be comfortable working independently on complex and varied tenders
- At ease dealing directly with customers and suppliers
- Previous experience of contracting with foreign governments and international suppliers
- Previous experience of commercially sensitive projects and the security aspects this entails
- Be willing to travel
- Comprehensive knowledge of law and legal principles
- Subsea and offshore contracts experience
James Fisher Defence is a member of the James Fisher & Son’s Group of Companies.
Job Reference: CD01