Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 26 Jun 2012
We are recruiting for a major solutions provider for the financial services sector, who operate one of the largest graduate recruitment programmes in the country.
They are looking to recruit another 10 software engineers in the next month and are keen to meet graduates who have or are expected to achieve good Honours degrees in Computer Science (or similar) in the next month. MSc and PhD graduates are also welcome to apply.
To be considered you must have in-depth understanding of programming concepts and have strong commercial awareness. These are not roles for wallflowers. You will be designing and implementing software for international banking organisations, working in teams and collaborating with customers so you must have excellent communication skills. You are responsible for the new functionality from the beginning of a project until it runs smoothly in a live environment.
The role involves:
- Analysis of customer requirements in collaboration with clients, business analysts and software partners.
- Design, implementation and documentation of new functionality in teamwork with business analysts and technical writers
- Estimation of implementation costs for new functionality
- Development of solution ideas for new requirements
- Has cross-functional knowledge and experience of products, processes and methods
Maintenance & Support:
- Analysis and resolution of new incidents and bugs
- Responsibility for functional modules of the system (including code reviews)
- Input delivery for the yearly update for the roadmap of your functional area
- Technical support of customer projects
- Provision of expert knowledge in workshops with our customers.
- Participation in and provision of expert knowledge for sales cases
- Possibility to work on dedicated customer projects
- Teach your expert knowledge in internal courses to new team members
- Coaching of less experienced software developers in your team
- Honours degree, Masters or PhD in Software Engineering or similar IT field
- Experience in the development of complex applications
- Competent in one or more high-level programming language(s)
- Well-founded technical knowledge, preferably in the area of databases
- In-depth knowledge of software engineering
- Experience in the financial industry is an advantage
- Excellent analytical skills and systematic approach to problem solving
- Enthusiasm for complex technical problems and banking
- Open-minded and a good team player
- Quality-conscious attitude
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
If you are looking for a role which will challenge you and provide superb opportunities for career advancement - and give you some international travel too - then apply today.
To apply for this position please forward your CV to Andy McManus using the apply online now link.
HR Consultancy acts as both an employment business and an employment agency.
Job Reference: GLA/AM/888661
Closing Date: 28-Jun-2012