Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 26 Jun 2012
>> You will lead the Janitorial Team and School Crossing Patrollers provision in the Community Schools Network (CSN). Key duties include supervising, supporting and organising staff and their provision.
>> You are a reliable person who is always punctual. You are also physically fit and capable of manual lifting. A trade qualification and/or background, experience of dealing with children in Youth Organisations and other community groups etc would be desirable. The ability to travel within Aberdeenshire is essential to visit a range of establishments in an efficient manner.
>> This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. An offer of employment by Aberdeenshire Council will be subject to the outcome of this check being satisfactory. The preferred candidate will also be required to provide an Overseas Criminal Records Check from other countries as deemed necessary. An offer of employment by Aberdeenshire will be subject to the outcome of this check being satisfactory.
The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
Certain terms and conditions of service for this post may change under proposals to implement revised provisions, which the Council is currently consulting and negotiating on.Informal Enquiries to: Sue Mathison 01224 782174
>> To supervise janitorial and school crossing services to Education, Learning and Leisure Schools and other facilities. To provide a high level of customer service to Heads of Establishments and Officers within a Community Schools Network (CSN).
- Line manage janitors and school crossing patrollers within the CSN and general supervision of the janitorial and school crossing services
- Supervise the provision of janitorial services and undertake normal administrative duties and responsibilities within the terms and procedures set out
- Ensure that the day-to-day needs of the Education, Learning and Leisure establishments are met acting on all reasonable requests made by Heads of Establishments within the competence of the janitor
- Ensure the security of Education, Learning and Leisure Establishments and undertake the effective operation of security systems
- As client representative be responsible for monitoring and quality assuring the standard of the cleaning provision within establishments and report any failure to meet the required standard of cleaning as specified by the authority
- Undertake porterage duties, i.e. move large items of furniture, take delivery of stores materials and other goods and ensure that they are stored securely
- Take responsibility for ensuring that good health and safety practice is followed in relation to the provision of all janitorial services within Education, Learning and Leisure
- Through attendance of Supervisory Janitors meetings, input into the strategic development of the Service by applying the principles of continuous service improvement.
Job Reference: ABS013439
Closing Date: 06-Jul-2012