Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 26 Jun 2012
The marketing assistant provides support to the label’s project manager. As a key point of contact for the team, this position offers an opportunity for an individual to work in a dynamic and exciting industry and be involved in developing marketing strategies to help build Linn Records’ profile.
- Develop copy for various promotional activities including press releases, weekly newsletters, posters, etc.
- Primary liaison with external PR companies.
- Coordinate promotional and press activity across radio, press and online (including social media, blogs, etc.).
- Coordinate mail-outs for new releases to press and radio contacts.
- Maintain and develop media contacts.
- Assist in design and editing of album artwork and promotional materials.
- Assist in releasing albums on our website www.linnrecords.com.
- Coordinate various artist projects and activities with other Linn departments.
The successful candidate will be a business aware Music graduate or a music focused, commercially aware Marketing graduate (or equivalent), with excellent attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Passionate interest in music across a range of genres, preferably with some knowledge of classical music.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Organisational skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to work effectively both as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and to adapt to new challenges as required.
- A good knowledge of digital and social media platforms including Facebook and Twiter.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Internet Explorer.
- Previous experience in a support or administrative role within the arts.
- Have a good understanding of digital market place and digital music formats.
Part-time applications will be accepted.
If you like the sound of this and think you might fit the bill, please get in touch by clicking the 'Apply' button.
No agencies please.