Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 26 Jun 2012
Excellent opportunity within a large Multi-National company- ideal for a candidate seeking their first Warehouse Coordinator opportunity.
A global company; with offices in hundreds of countries. They have a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention and an innovative and dynamic research and development department.
The job requires the successful candidate to control the daily goods in/out process, ensuring that all resources pass speedily, accurately and effectively through goods out/in procedure and that all supporting activities are conducted effectively. And also to ensure that material is booked in normally within 24hrs of its arrival or within 24hrs of the start of the working week whichever is appropriate.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Controlling the daily goods in/out process, ensuring that all resources pass speedily, accurately and effectively through the process.
· To ensure that material is booked in normally within 24hrs of its arrival or within 24hrs of the start of the working week whichever is appropriate
· To ensure that all rental material is managed in the most cost-effective manner and to complete accurately and on time all necessary documentation.
· To assist in the generation of revenue by effectively controlling costs within your area of responsibility by returning 3rd party equipment in the requested time frame.
· To participate in Cycle and Annual Stock and Asset Counts, along with any other Asset control requirements.
· Assist the Materials Team Leader with daily toolbox talks.
· QHSE responsibilities within your scope of accountability ensuring all personnel & contractors carry out work in safe manner using all recommended equipment.
· To ensure that cranes, forklifts, and other vehicles are operated in a safe manner and daily inspections carried out.
· To control access and egress to and from the Yard with particular focus on security, safety and effective control of deliveries and pick-ups.
· To ensure that all areas of the yard are kept in a safe and tidy condition at all times
· To participate in and to meet the objectives and training.
· To assist other departments in meeting their goals and objectives and to maintain a constant and effective level of communication with internal and external customers.
· To ensure the loading and unloading of all equipment arriving and leaving the yard is done in a safe and efficient manner.
The successful candidate will have;
• Materials control experience.
• Good communication skills / Ability to lead others
• Ablity to work under time constraints and meet deadlines in a professional manner.
• Relevant oil industry experience.
• Logistics experience.
• Stores/ Warehousing background
• Computer literate.
- PC Literacy – good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Lotus
- Standard Grade English, Mathematics (or equivalent) & Computing.
- Safe Cargo Handling Certificate
- Environmental Awareness Training
- Fire Awareness Training
- COSSH Awareness Training
- Hilti Gun Training
- UKOOA Awareness Training
- Enterprise Excellence Training
- Slinging / Overhead crane certificate
- Safety Course
- Manual Handling
- Risk Assessment.
To take advantage of this excellent opportunity and advance your career with this major player in the field please call Kat Reid on 01224 620492 or email your CV as soon as possible to email@example.com
Job Reference: UK666920:S1
About Hudson Aberdeen
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.