Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 26 Jun 2012
Babcock Marine & Technology Division provides a wide range of engineering support services at HM Naval Base Clyde. We wish to appoint an Engineering Team Leader for one of the operational facilities within the Naval Base. Leading a newly recruited team of multi-disciplined technicians, you will ensure that all operational and planned preventative maintenance tasks are completed and any emergent system defects are rectified. Delivering high engineering standards, excellent customer service and a positive attitude to continuous improvement will be key facets of this role.
£27,923 - £31,799 depending on experience
The main purpose of this role will be to deliver a customer focussed, efficient and cost effective engineering services for the Facility. This role includes co-ordinating and supervising electrical and mechanical maintenance teams, ensuring technicians as well as contractors conduct essential planned preventative maintenance and defect repair activities safely and efficiently on the Facility.
Your duties will include:
- Line management responsibilities for a multi-disciplined Engineering team.
- Involvement in the development of operational plans and programmes as required; ensuring effective planning, resourcing and control of engineering operations across the Facility.
- Monitoring, controlling and continuously reviewing maintenance documentation and operating procedures, ensuring processes are valid and updated.
- Helping to develop and promote continuous improvement in Engineering, H&S & Environmental culture at the facility and participation in the Babcock’s HS & E programmes.
- Observance of safe working practices and reporting of all incidents in accordance with HMNB Clyde.
Qualifications & Requirements
The successful candidate should be technically competent having completed a recognised apprenticeship or trade qualification to HNC level or higher.
- Previous line management/supervisory experience within a demanding operational environment
- Demonstrate a rigorous and determined attitude towards maintenance, operational and training requirements
- Demonstrate a strong safety culture with a thorough understanding and experience of Safe Systems of Work
- Ability to work on own initiative, unsupervised and be part of a small, effective management team
- Familiarisation and understanding of naval waterfront support activities
· Recognised qualifications or experience in working with the following systems & processes:
- Pressure Systems
- Low Voltage Systems
- Confined Spaces
- Hydraulic lifting equipment
- Engineering legislative & regulatory requirements
- Computer literate to ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence) standard
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements.
Job Reference: MT.100951
Closing Date: 06-Jul-2012
About Babcock International Group - Marine & Technology Division (Clyde)
Babcock is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation with revenue of circa £3bn in 2012 and an order book of £13 billion. Defence, energy, telecommunications, transport and education are all sectors where Babcock can be found working diligently behind the scenes, delivering critical support. The Marine and Technology Division employs over 9,000 highly skilled people and is the UK's leading naval support business. It draws on an unmatched range of engineering and technical skills in providing through-life services and deep maintenance to the Royal Navy's major warships and nuclear-powered submarines, in addition to operating a wide range of strategic shore-based naval support facilities such as HMNB Clyde.