Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 26 Jun 2012
Scottish Widows Investment Partnership (SWIP) is one of Europe's largest asset management companies and part of Lloyds Banking Group. Managing funds worth £142.32bn*, we have a broad product range designed to meet investor needs.
*Source: SWIP 31.03.2012
About the position:
The Business Technology Maintenance Analyst is responsible for shaping business enhancement demand for existing investment services, directing and mobilising a delivery approach across Business and IT Service Delivery, providing an escalation role for Business Support on the resolution of complex operational issues as they arise, evaluating risk and ensuring appropriate mitigation is implemented, & actively ensuring operational or technical change controls are managed effectively.
The successful candidate must have previous experience of Investment Management Systems, gained through experience either in a First Line support role or other relevant investment management role. The system experience would ideally be with ThinkFolio, however Charles River or any similar portfolio modelling / order management system experience would be advantageous.
Candidates should also have an excellent knowledge of ITIL Service Delivery, Lean or Six Sigma methodology, Business Analysis, & Testing (User Acceptance & Regression)
As an individual you should have excellent communication skills and be confident in liaising with senior stakeholders. You should also be experienced in making recommendations through business cases, benefits modelling and process modelling.
* Requirements - Gathering requirements with Business contacts by using business analysis techniques, horizon scanning, and consulting IT Service Delivery or change teams to validate any recommendations for technical or operational improvements.
* Analysis & Process - producing process maps for 'as is' and 'to be' processes, adherence to CMT lifecycle, reporting of milestones and progress to the Business Technology Maintenance Manager, Application & Business Workflow configuration within the Investment Systems
* Deliverables - Producing all deliverables required to enable the business to accept change and ensure the solution meets the needs of the business
* Relationship building - Strong and meaningful relationships to be built with key SIU stakeholders and IT Service Delivery & Change teams
* Resolution and ownership of queries referred from First Line Business Support by completing analysis of root cause where required, recommending workarounds where needed, and completing root cause analysis through Problem Management
* Working with 3rd party suppliers (for off the shelf packages) or Core Application Support (for bespoke in house developed systems) to drive through the delivery of prioritised enhancements and defect fixes
* Coordination of Business UAT exercises in support of maintenance releases Investment Management Systems
* Execution of Regression testing in support of maintenance releases to Investment Management Systems
What Skills/Experience will you need?
* Investment Industry experience with excellent understanding of Order, Execution & Investment Management Systems as applied to Equity & Fixed Income business
* Working knowledge of ITIL Principles for Testing & Service Delivery
* Delivery focused with consistent levels of attention to detail
* Highly effective planning, organisational, & communication skills
* Ability to work well in a team and to work unsupervised
Should this position be of interest please apply by following the links.
Job Reference: SCBTMA
Closing Date: 10-Jul-2012