Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 26 Jun 2012
Business Unit: Global Marketing
Reports To: Marketing Manager
Travel Requirements (%): 35%
Last Revision Date: June 2012
In this role, the incumbent will analyze and monitor the company’s profit margins, create and maintain reporting that provides direction for management to make information pricing and profit margin decisions. They ensure the day-to-day pricing and costing activities are done in a timely manner. This includes the management of our internal systems and supplying the sales teams with historical/ current data required to make strategic decisions.
The role holder will contribute to and lead some aspects of pricing and profit improvement projects and initiatives in the business unit. This includes Requests for Proposals, new product and technology pricing and pricing decision models.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The role holder will be expected to:
- Liaise with EH divisions and specific business units (technology, sales and other support functions) with relation to pricing initiatives/ projects to improve profitability within each division. This includes pricing reviews of on-going and new contracts, products/ customer profitability reviews.
- Maintain EH pricing records and EH customer contract price updates within Champion systems.
- Work with local and global tender teams to ensure tender pricing meets company guidelines and is compliant with customer pricing models.
- Prepare and maintain documentation with respect to EH pricing procedures (general and customer specific).
- Prepare reports and ad hoc analysis to assist sales/ growth initiatives and ensure profitable EH business growth; includes customer sales data maintenance and analysis, product sales and margin analysis.
- Guide and influence pricing strategy for launch of new products.
- Liaise with Finance department to ensure analysis is aligned with company financial guidelines.
- Direct interface when required with customers regarding company pricing initiatives and reports.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or business diploma with a concentration on Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or Marketing preferably.
- Experience using SAP and Business Warehouse; business acumen; knowledge of profitability & finance; desired experience in chemical industry, oilfield services or in a position dealing with financial/ economic/ business analysis would be preferable.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Sedentary work – exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/ or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Closing Date: 11-Jul-2012