Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 26 Jun 2012
A new position in Aberdeen for a Structural Design Draughtsperson has become available. Working at a company that are well known in their particular field, this offers the opportunity to develop your knowledge in a specialist area, leading towards a rewarding career.
To support in the overall delivery of the Company’s business objectives, whilst implementing departmental procedures in line with Company standards.
To undertake Draughting, documentation, design aspects of project work and ensure that the work undertaken as part of the Scope of Work meets the standards laid down in the company quality procedures, International codes and client specifications.
To provide general support to the project Engineers in the delivery of all project drawing and documentation requirements.
The Draughtsperson is responsible for: -
- Establishing close internal working relationships with the Project Manager, Project Engineer, discipline engineers and document control personnel, to ensure that project objectives are being achieved and that cost effective and efficient engineering practice is being undertaken.
- Ensuring that the Project Engineer is kept up to date on any events that may have impact on the overall project delivery or completion date.
- Ensuring that the Contractor and Client’s quality requirements are met in relation to the performance of activities defined in the Scope of Work.
- Ensuring that the company and Client’s quality requirements are clearly understood, communicated and achieved.
- Ensuring that all draughting and documentation requirements are executed in a timely and cost effective manner in line with project schedules and budget.
- Assisting Sales, as directed, with the compilation of estimates or quotations for prospective work / projects.
- Continual monitoring of work required to meet project schedules to ensuring that all drawing and documentation deliverables are being maintained.
Compliance with and commitment to:
- Policies and Procedures
- Environmental Policy and Procedure
- NC/HNC in an engineering discipline and/or 3 years experience within a 2D draughting environment, preferably in an Oil & Gas fabrication and/or Offshore Engineering industry.
- Experience in Solidworks 3D modeling software an advantage.
On offer for this position is a salary of £25-30K DOE.
Closing Date: 15-Jul-2012
About KBM Resourcing
KBM is a privately owned recruitment consultancy. We are committed to achieving growth through delivering an excellent service. We believe this will only be realised by recruiting and retaining excellent consultants.