Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 26 Jun 2012
Professional HR Services Export Business Development Manager Hamilton úto be discussed
Export Business Development Manager
My client, already well established in the provision of heating control equipment has recently introduced this role in which the person appointed will assume responsibility for identifying appropriate new markets for exporting existing (or new) products in the domestic heating controls or adjacent markets.
The individual appointed will develop planned expansion programmes abroad, seeking out new countries, identifying and understanding market dynamics, market size, route to market, competitive landscape etc. A key aspect will, therefore, be prospecting for new distributors, customers and partners.
There will also be a need within the job's scope to to manage programmes in several countries and be able to coordinate all my client's departments to execute on the unique business requirements of the export product market
Success will be measured by the achievement of new sales within assigned market segments and ensuring that revenue and profit targets are met.
This role, therefore, brings with it a range of responsibilities these covering
The carrying out of practical, 'on-the-ground’ market research
The ability to network within identified Industry sectors and increase awareness of my client's products and services
- The skill of identifying buying influencers and decision makers and develop contacts at the highest levels within target organisations
- The skills, knowledge and experience to be able to develop business relationships with key targets in order to achieve revenue and profit objectives
- The ability to identify global leads and opportunities
- The provision of support for existing export business
- All administrative and financial activities require to be co-ordinated involving Export accounts including, renewals, contract review, pricing, and invoicing
- The implementation of new business within the company must be managed to ensure that all administrative, operational and financial activities are in place
The person requires to be able to offer considerable and broad experience in a Business Development role in an export business-to-business environment as well as evidence of extensive networking and strategic sales skills with well developed influencing and negotiating abilities
It is anticipated that the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of profitable sales growth with project management exposure, and entrepreneurial mindset and evidence of strategic thinking and planning skills, particularly in financial analysis and reporting