Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 27 Jun 2012
Technical Support Specialist, Life Scientist
(Fluent in Italian, German, Spanish, French or English)
Unique opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual with a strong academic background in Life Sciences to join a leading Global organization as a Technical Application Scientist.
This role is ideal for someone who has recently completed their studies and is now looking to broaden their experience in an exciting and challenging role in a flourishing industry sector.
You will work in the EMEA HQ of Life Technologies and be offered full training, development and ongoing support from an experienced and supportive management team
- Provide pre- and post-sales technical support for Life Technologies products and services to customers by answering customer technical inquiries. (via telephone, email, fax or mail) and escalate issues or problems when warranted.
- Demonstrates proficiency in using all required computer systems and databases.
- Record and manage customer complaints on technical and quality issues.
- Troubleshoot and provides advice or solutions to problems
- Arrange credits or replacement products as required.
- Analyse complaint information to assist in complaint trending, and identification of potential quality issues.
- Track product related issues
- Participate in customer notifications on product quality issues as required.
- Works with the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system to build a strong customer database
- Assist our sales partners by identifying, recording and escalating opportunities to generate revenue.
- Develop technological and product expertise within key business areas while staying up to date in all of the company's business areas.
- Contribute to departmental and team meetings.
- B.Sc. in molecular biology, cellular, or similar field. (Ph.D. or equivalent experience is preferred.)
- Around 3 years related laboratory experience.
- Strong computer systems and databases.
- Ability to quickly learn large amounts of new, complex technical information
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities required; problem-solving ability required.
- Computer literacy, including spreadsheet, database, and word processing applications as well as the Internet required.
- Customer service is desirable.
Fluent in English is required with an additional language.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=1511175-2584-1359
Job Reference: 10887BR
Closing Date: 26-Jul-2012