Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 27 Jun 2012
Hansel Alliance, one of the foremost charities in the field of Social Care, delivers an extensive range of support services to individuals with learning disabilities throughout Ayrshire.
Hansel Alliance is offering an exciting opportunity to become part of our Employment Services team as an Employment Development Advisor. The successful applicant will engage with individuals who require support to progress towards gaining and sustaining employment. The Employment Development Advisor will be responsible for providing a customer focused service and managing, developing and supporting individuals in their search for employment.
The role will involve monitoring and supporting employment relationships through active liaison to ensure achievement of employment goals; the development and maintenance of strong internal and external working relationships through positive promotion and representation of employability services.
The successful applicant should have:
· Experience of Welfare to Work Programmes and a proven understanding of employability related practices, ideally with knowledge of the Work Choice programme.
· Experience of working effectively in a fast paced and target focused environment.
· Strong IT skills.
· Excellent communication, negotiation and networking skills.
· Ability to undertake frequent independent travel within contract areas.
· A flexible approach in terms of working practices and working hours.
· UK driving licence.
· An interest in Social Care issues.
This post is considered to be Regulated Work with adults as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) (PVG) Act 2007. Accordingly, the preferred candidate will be required to become a member of the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme Record Update if already a Scheme member prior to any formal offer of employment being made.
Job Reference: EDA/1233
Closing Date: 10-Jul-2012