Vacancy posted: Thursday, 28 Jun 2012
Village Pub & Kitchen Sous Chef Stirling (Town) £18,000 - £22,000
Sous Chef – Meadow Park, Stirling, Falkirk, FK9 4RY
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000
Working at a Village Pub & Kitchen
If you’re looking for a workplace where you can thrive, the welcoming atmosphere of these beautifully restored village pubs will be just what you’re looking for.
Unique pubs at the heart of village life
Welcoming, comfortable and often built around unique original features and a traditional fire, these uniquely styled pubs put you right at the heart of village life. You’ll be serving quality real ales and seasonal dishes, learning how a modern dining experience combines with traditional values to make these pubs the pride of their communities.
Welcome to Village Pub & Kitchen Meadowpark
The Village Pub & Kitchen pub in Stirling is special because this is a fantastic opportunity to open a vibrant new business set near the beautiful Bridge of Allan. The Meadowpark is located in Stirling, an affluent area also known as the heart of Scotland, it is home to Stirling university so this new Village pub and kitchen will be lively and full of life! The village is filled with Victorian buildings and unique shops and has a long standing reputation as a popular holiday destination and has much to offer visitors We are looking for a Sous Chef with a minimum of 1 year’ experience managing a kitchen and excellent communication and leadership abilities in order to develop the team and to set a bench mark for others to follow, whilst maintaining food quality and hygiene standards within the business. The applicant would need to be used to not only fresh food, but also volume. With a core menu and specials changing twice a day, every day, the applicant must have a good knowledge of working with fresh food and have the ability to motivate the team.
Village Pub and Kitchen are unique pubs oozing with character. They offer a cosy bar and stylish restaurant for the discerning local guests. Whether it is a quiet get-together or something a little more special, Village Pub and Kitchen provides the perfect atmosphere. A magnificent choice of real ales, premium wines and beautifully presented food ensures guests return again and again.
What you’ll do in this role
As Sous Chef here it will be your job to ensure that perfection leaves the kitchen every time. The kitchen is the heart of a Village Pub and Kitchen and we want to be known for our award-winning food. You’ll have the charisma to help the Head Chef to inspire, lead and develop a talented team in a busy kitchen with lots going on.
- As Sous Chef you’ll help to ensure that every dish that leaves the kitchen is perfection itself
- You’ll help train, develop and grow a fantastic team
- You’ll thrive in a high-volume environment
- You'll help ensure all in house policies are implemented, monitored and maintained
- You’ll maintain the highest standards
What will make you perfect for the job?
- At least 1 years experience in a similar role in a busy food led business
- Having some supervisory experience and being seen as a role model within your team
- A passion for delivering great food and an obsessive attention to detail ensuring that every dish that leaves the kitchen leaves a guest satisfied
- Strict about conforming to health and hygiene regulations
- The desire to progress from Sous Chef to become a great Head Chef
What we offer
- Highly competitive Sous Chef salary
- Opportunity to join a defined contribution pension scheme
- Many additional company benefits
- Excellent training and development programmes
Apply now if you fancy a rewarding and challenging career where you can really go places.
Closing Date: 12-Jul-2012